Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I'm sitting here in the airport waiting for my flight to come and enjoying surfing the internet at fairly good speeds on my laptop using Opera Turbo and my Palm Pre as a mobile hotspot. This is awesome. Check out what I named it. Thanks to everyone that made this possible.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    haha very nice. and yes im sure EVERYONE that doesnt have a pre is jealous :P
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    How's the battery though?

Quote Originally Posted by dk6640 View Post
    haha very nice. and yes im sure EVERYONE that doesnt have a pre is jealous :P
    The Pre isn't the only phone that tethers ya know? I was using the built-in tethering on my Nexus One before I went to Europe last month. (Just because I mentioned the N1, I'm not suggesting it is a better phone) Since I now have a Pre Plus, I think WebOS if the best for me
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    How's the battery though?

The Pre isn't the only phone that tethers ya know? I was using the built-in tethering on my Nexus One before I went to Europe last month. (Just because I mentioned the N1, I'm not suggesting it is a better phone) Since I now have a Pre Plus, I think WebOS if the best for me
    The battery life is doing fine because im charging it at the same time via usb and my laptop is plugged into the wall so i got it covered. Also there may be other phones that tether but not many do it for free like me :P
    I believe N1 started offering wifi tethering about 20 days ago. Either way, I have no problem with other people learn from Palm.

Now its time for Palm to implement front camera and projector function! I know they are working on the first, any word on the latter?
    i love MHS simple as lol
    I'd like to see the Mobile Hotspot app legitimately available on all carriers.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leonkehoe View Post
    The question is would it be "FREE" on all carriers? And the answer is a resounding NO!! You can't expect Sprint that is already giving free mobile to mobile to now offer mobile hotspot and for FREE? Sorry but to all the verizon people feeling like their lucky your still paying for it via your high monthly bills.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I believe N1 started offering wifi tethering about 20 days ago. Either way, I have no problem with other people learn from Palm.

Now its time for Palm to implement front camera and projector function! I know they are working on the first, any word on the latter?
    Wow, a projector would be awesome! Especially if you could change the angle, and then lay it flat on a table and project it on a wall. This would be perfect over my fireplace!!
    Quote Originally Posted by leonkehoe View Post
    ...and with more than 5 GB of monthly data transfer. I have a VZW Pre Plus with free MHS, but it only includes 5 GB of monthly data transfer. In 2000, that might have been cool. In 2010, that's ridiculously limiting. I'd like to see 20 GB per month (and 50 GB or 100 GB would be a cool surprise). I'm not unreasonable (unlimited would be nice, but I understand if it's not feasible for the carrier).
    MHS is great, but the only drawback is the battery drain. On the touchstone, it barely charges. If it is plugged into my computer via USB, it still discharges for me, just not as quickly as it does if it isn't plugged in at all.

As for the monthly limit on data, I never come close to the limit. Just normal stuff uses about 20-30 MB a day. I limit myself to basically email and internet; no gaming or movies. On my cable modem, I only use 5-6 GB a month. I can understand why the phone without MHS active is unlimited since it is much harder to do huge downloads with the phone only.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    Sorry but to all the verizon people feeling like their lucky your still paying for it via your high monthly bills.
    Verizon has a bunch of discounts of you work for one of their affiliates, granted it's only 15% off, but it's better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by COS777 View Post
    MHS is great, but the only drawback is the battery drain. On the touchstone, it barely charges. If it is plugged into my computer via USB, it still discharges for me, just not as quickly as it does if it isn't plugged in at all.
    I think that's why it's free, they know it will kill your battery regardless of the fact that it's simultaneously being charged.
    That is too funny!!!!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    can someone give the direction on how to install the Mobile Hotspot on the Sprint Palm Pre...Thanks!!!!
    Check your mailbox. You need to have WOQI in to install this.
    Can't on Sprint Pre you don't have wifi.. you need a Pre+ or Pixi+
    Quote Originally Posted by LouB View Post
    while MHS is nice, you should really use the free wifi that's at the airport. If you get stuck on a flight with a dead pre because you wanted to surf the net at a slower speed in the terminal, to show off the awesomeness, that would suck.

also, RIP N1. You were supposedly better than the rest, supposedly. But I read of your demise on my pre, that's a year old, and still getting updated. Love the animated launcher background on my pre!
    yea, what? Don't misinform people. They might tell a friend who will tell a friend, and that's two less folks with webos. Less folks = less devs. YOU CAN CERTAINLY USE MHS WITH SPRINT PRE.
    I believe that you're thinking of the original Sprint Pixi. It does not include WiFi. The original Sprint Pre most assuredly did include WiFi.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast