Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    I believe that you're thinking of the original Sprint Pixi. It does not include WiFi. The original Sprint Pre most assuredly did include WiFi.
    You're talking about the Pre like it died a decade ago lol.
    I do have my MHS legitimately. It was on the App Store for one day, I caught it.

Its a wonderful backup to airports and whatever, and great when you don't want to pay fees to connect. Yes, I prefer to use easy connections vs run my phone battery down, but
    what a great backup!!

I was at our boat dock this last weekend, needed to research and order a part. The internet was down, so I just hooked her up and went shopping for parts. A great thing to have!!
    Mobile Hotspot is definatly a wonderful application, its sad that sprint doesn't allow it. If they do in future models, they will likly charge for it.

I wonder if the EVO has a cracked mobile hotspot yet?
    Its perfect for road trips. My wife and daughter can use the Itouch while on the road and there's no need to worry about wifi once we're checked into whatever hotel we're staying at.
    Quote Originally Posted by LouB View Post
    Can't on Sprint Pre you don't have wifi.. you need a Pre+ or Pixi+
    WRONG!!! Sprint Pre has (and has always had) WiFi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Mobile Hotspot is definatly a wonderful application, its sad that sprint doesn't allow it. If they do in future models, they will likly charge for it.

Yes, I can't remember how to do it, though (I owned one for about 5 hours before returning it, haha).
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post

What are you talking about? There's a free MHS app FOR SPRINT.
    Last edited by stir fry a lot; 07/19/2010 at 05:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    What are you talking about? There's a free MHS app FOR SPRINT. If you don't feel like asking me how I know its because I have a Sprint phone with the MHS app on it.
    Oh yeah, I know. I use it.. but just becuase it works doesn't mean they allow it heh. I've also used myTether. I perfer MHS, considering its branded by palm and its simplistic. myTether is ehh, I "donated" when he first released it. Its ok to fall back on.
    Im glad sprint doesnt allow it. It means i can use it for free on my Sprint phone and not get caught. You only need to install three files to do it...

Mobile hotspot 1.0.3 (which updates to 1.0.14 after u install it and update through the catalog.)
    Freetether 0.0.1
    Freetetherd 0.0.3

Those files are getting harder to find on the net though.

Then bam, free MHS on sprint. Enjoy your high bills Verizon users lol.

P.S. If you happen to use MHS on Sprint, please dont abuse it by going crazy with it, wouldn't be fun if they patched it up in a WebOS update.
    Check your mailbox. You need to have WOQI in to install this.
    Could you let me know how to install it on my Sprint Pre? Also, does this work with a Mac and Ipod Touch?
    Quote Originally Posted by densitystill View Post
    Could you let me know how to install it on my Sprint Pre? Also, does this work with a Mac and Ipod Touch?
    PM me your email address bro. Like I said, all you need is to have WOQI installed. Yes it works on Mac products. I own several.
    Mobile hotspot is most definitely awesome, right now I am using MHS on my Sprint Pre and am avoiding paying the $19.95 (4 days = $80 savings) daily wifi fee that the Las Vegas hotel that I am staying at charges to use their wifi.
    MHS is awsome. I use gigs and gigs of data from using my MHS to download xbox360 games online. My phone does burn up to high 60's but using a fan will cool your phone down to the high 30's. O yeah I got sprint hehe alllllright...
    I have MHS on my Sprint Palm Pre. It's really easy now that I know the steps you take. Took me awhile the first time but I have now done it twice more to family members phones and it is very easy.
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Mobile hotspot is how I managed to convince my mother that a smartphone was a good idea. Good promotion Verizon. I use it to stream Netflix (albeit in small quantities) to my Wii (my house has no WiFi and only craptastic satellite internet) and let my older sister use her laptop at home.
    Quote Originally Posted by anifan View Post
    Mobile hotspot is how I managed to convince my mother that a smartphone was a good idea. Good promotion Verizon. I use it to stream Netflix (albeit in small quantities) to my Wii (my house has no WiFi and only craptastic satellite internet) and let my older sister use her laptop at home.
    How do you get the wii to connect?

Mine wont connect.
    You're talking about the Pre like it died a decade ago lol.
    A year is an eternity in the world of gadgets my friend. **nods**
    Quote Originally Posted by anifan View Post
    How much bandwidth have those Netflix streams been taking up on average? (i.e. for a half-hour show, hour show, movie, etc)... I'd be interested to hear what kind of data transfer Netflix streaming consumes over Mobile Hotspot.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dingwall1 View Post
    while MHS is nice, you should really use the free wifi that's at the airport. If you get stuck on a flight with a dead pre because you wanted to surf the net at a slower speed in the terminal, to show off the awesomeness, that would suck.
    What free wifi? Every airport I've been to in the past few years charges $5-10 minimum to access the wifi for anything other than flight info.
    Quote Originally Posted by pre-fan View Post
    How much bandwidth have those Netflix streams been taking up on average? (i.e. for a half-hour show, hour show, movie, etc)... I'd be interested to hear what kind of data transfer Netflix streaming consumes over Mobile Hotspot.
    Netflix scales back the quality of the image so that it can stream continuously. That being said, I generally found that it was in the 300-600 MB range for a 2 hour movie (I can't remember for sure, now that I think about it). I was actually using a 3G USB modem when I was doing the streaming, but it should be about the same (pre Pre for me ).
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast