1.    #1  
    Hey I was looking at the ##DATA# - Advanced settings and was noticing the Home SID/NID. What are these numbers for? Does it have anything to do with which carrier your phone should be connecting to? And if not, what should this number be or what is your number? Mine is 0 for both.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    "SID is the System Identification number and NID is the Network Identification number. A system is all the base stations considered to constitute a cellular system. A network is a subset of the base stations which comprise a cellular system. A network might be defined as all the Base Transceiver Stations (BTSs) controlled by a given Centralized Base Station Controller (CBSC)."

CDMA Online
  3.    #3  
    Okay, so what are your numbers?

Actually, I'm basically asking because I get crappy reception (sprint or roaming) in my house. I've been through three Pre's and I can't get an Airave, so I want to see if I can make some changes on the phone (prl, sid, anything really) to try to get the phone on a better tower. My house does get coverage (other phones on different networks never have a problem, so the stupid phone should at least roam properly), so I'm trying to do what I can here short of canceling Sprint.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Okay, so what are your numbers?

Actually, I'm basically asking because I get crappy reception (sprint or roaming) in my house. I've been through three Pre's and I can't get an Airave, so I want to see if I can make some changes on the phone (prl, sid, anything really) to try to get the phone on a better tower. My house does get coverage (other phones on different networks never have a problem, so the stupid phone should at least roam properly), so I'm trying to do what I can here short of canceling Sprint.
    cant get an airave? why not? dont want to pay for it? then dont!! call sprint and tell them you dont get service in your own home. they will tell you you have to pay for it... you dont. just tell them you want to cancel your service you will be suddenly qualified for a free airave. no fees, unless you never retrun it when you decided to cancel your services. everyone in my family has one, and most of my friends have one, all free. I always have service now.