Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi folks, I am looking for some advice. I am a longtime Windows Mobilie user, and am accustomed to a fairly robust Calendar app......Agenda view, day, week, month and year views along with cut and paste.

I have been trying to make the transition to my Palm Pre ( love the Webos and the form factor)......but I find the Calender app to be quite dissapointing. ...particularly because back in the day Palm was known for their great calendar apps in their hand held devices.

I have looked through the app catalog and their doesn't seem to be much to pick from. Does anyone have any suggestions? I rely on my calendar app for work and this is quite important to me.

What is the best way to sync my desktop outlook ( appointments and contacts) with the PRE?

Thanks for any help.
    I agree with NachoB that Ubercalendar and Agenda will probably solve your problem.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    I miss my DateBk calendar but these guys have hit it right on the head. the UberCalendar patch is the best way to go.

PIMLICO, who are the makers of DateBk, have also developed a desktop calendar called Pimlical, which will synch with Google calendar and combine your old DateBk stuff with it. Its not the best deal, but its getting me by. Go to Pimlico Software home page to check it out.
    Last edited by teejay69; 07/19/2010 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Typos
    Uber Calendar is awesome, really wish Palm would incorporate all its features in a future webOS update.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I also use ubercalendar, and another patch called today menu for top bar. I'm not familiar with agenda, but this patch looks like a lite version, putting today's and tomorrow's calendar events in a center top bar menu (tap below earpiece), without launching an app.
    agenda works great with the stock calendar. its all i need
    Uber Calendar allows you to launch Agender from within the calendar app, which is really handy. I have the "Today" patch for the top bar also, but find I don't use it as much as Agenda, since I usually need to know stuff a little further out.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I think Aristottle's primary concern was with regard to synching with his desktop calendar. The UberCalendar patch is nice, but doesn't aid in this function (unless I am really missing something!)

Another thing UberCalendar patch doesn't do is allow you to enter calendar entries quickly (e.g., within a few seconds) as you could on the original PalmOS.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    I just want a better week view. Like in PocketInformant for the iPhone or like the Daylite one:

screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
    +1

the pre sucks here... =/
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Right now the Agenda and UberCalendar are the ONLY way to go.., there is nothing else...
  13.    #14  
    OK, could someone explain to a newbie how to install uber calendar and agenda? Does agenda become part of the uber calendar or does it have to opened as a seperate app?
  14.    #15  
    Does Uber Calendar work with 1.4.5 ?

Can Agenda be intergrated within the stock calendar app?
    Quote Originally Posted by aristottle View Post
    Does Uber Calendar work with 1.4.5 ?

Can Agenda be intergrated within the stock calendar app?
    Agenda is integrated with stock calendar. You get a button, push it an you have your agenda.
    Button with A and number is agenda button - calendar - ubercalendar
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by hk-usp45; 07/24/2010 at 12:56 AM.
  16.    #17  
    I have the agenda app installed, but it is NOT part of my Calendar app......I have to go into my app section to activate it.....and when I open my calendar there is only the 3 buttons, today, week, and month view.

I am running 1.4.5....can someone please confirm if Uber Calendar will work with 1.4.5?

If it will work with 1.4.5, would someone be kind enough to explain how to install it properly for a newbie. If I can't get it to work, then I have to move on to another device and that seems a shame....but for my work purposes I need that extra functionality in the calendar set.

Thanks for any help.
    Go there:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-patch-25.html

for detailed instructions
  18.    #19  
    Great, It looks like I have UBERCALENDAR working except for the icon for agenda....there is a blank space that when touched launces the agenda but no icon.

I don't understand point 5 in the instructions on building a "directory" on the PRE in USB drive mode....I know how to add a folder, but now how to make a directory?????????

5) To take full advantage of ubercalendar you must also download the ubercalendar-icon.zip. Go into your pre via USB drive. Make a directory called \scrims\ubercalendar (yes ubercalendar is a subdirectory of scrims.) then unzip the icons in the scrims\ubercalendar folder. These icons are displayed in the calendar when you use the following syntax in the event notes area of a calendar entry:

ICON=name;
    Example: ICON=birthday;
    Possible names at the moment are
    birthday, car, kids, doctor, plane, holiday, vacation, party

Could someone explain how to add a directory for me so I can add my Agenda icon to ubercalendar...thanks guys!!!1 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by aristottle View Post
    Great, It looks like I have UBERCALENDAR working except for the icon for agenda....there is a blank space that when touched launces the agenda but no icon.

I don't understand point 5 in the instructions on building a "directory" on the PRE in USB drive mode....I know how to add a folder, but now how to make a directory?????????

5) To take full advantage of ubercalendar you must also download the ubercalendar-icon.zip. Go into your pre via USB drive. Make a directory called \scrims\ubercalendar (yes ubercalendar is a subdirectory of scrims.) then unzip the icons in the scrims\ubercalendar folder. These icons are displayed in the calendar when you use the following syntax in the event notes area of a calendar entry:

ICON=name;
    Example: ICON=birthday;
    Possible names at the moment are
    birthday, car, kids, doctor, plane, holiday, vacation, party

Could someone explain how to add a directory for me so I can add my Agenda icon to ubercalendar...thanks guys!!!1 :-)
    OOkay.

Lets start with simple task.
    1. Did you down load zip file with icons? (This one - ubercalendar-icon.zip (5.0 KB, 302 views) )
    If not, please down load Zip file and unzip it some where you can found it later.
    2. Go there http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-patch-17.html
    go to post 331. Push thanks button under the post and download the icon.
    3. Save this icon instead of agenda icon in the directory created in step 1
    4. Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post:
    Just connect your pre to PC, click use as a USB drive, open the pre/USB by searching on my computer, within the pre/usb right click on an empty area, click create new folder.... name it scrims..... open scrims (the folder that you just created).... right click in scrims to make a new folder, name it Ubercalendar..... open uber calendar and store the images from directory on your computer and close everything, disconnect the USB drive and you have the calender working the way you want.
    And restart the phone!
    5. Hope that helps.
    P.S. You should really appreciate that moderators did not push your post where it is really belongs, on the patches forum...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast