1.    #1  
    Any clue why that would be happening? My phone has shut itself off 3 times today. I go to mess with it and find that it isn't even on. I press the little button on the top right and it turns itself on.
    This phone has a LONG list of problems so I would get used to it. Do you have preware installed and are you running any homebrew apps?
    try makeing sure dev mode is of also shut down and do a battery pull to start. If this doesn't help use the search function for the forum you will find a few threads and multiple possible solutions.
  4.    #4  
    I have preware and I'm running patches...nothing new for 2 weeks. no problems til today.
    Quote Originally Posted by gblack View Post
    Any clue why that would be happening? My phone has shut itself off 3 times today. I go to mess with it and find that it isn't even on. I press the little button on the top right and it turns itself on.
    I am having the exact same problem... I have NO patches installed and no Preware in preparation for the new software patch. I had this issue once before and they replaced my Pre with the one I have now, that has lasted for 8 months with no issues. I will be contacting Sprint tomorrow for some tech support..
    No patches, no preware...shuts down & then I have to slide the phone open/shut 2-3 x to re-start it????