Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    At this point, any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

All of this began with lost and non-functioning bookmarks and I was pretty pleased to get most of my data and apps back. Forgot to remove the patches and now I have no patches. Have the list at the office so can reinstall tomorrow. It seems I might have a partially installed patch - the one that allows the top line to show as a battery symbol plus the percentage still remaining. I have run the repair utility but get no issues. I saved everything to a file on my computer before performing any of this but am unsure how to reinstall. If I put everything I saved back, will I encounter issues and won't I possibly reinstall the corruption to the web browser that messed with my bookmarks in the first place? I think I'm developing a headache. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by qwiklight; 07/18/2010 at 08:14 PM.
    What errors are you getting when running the doctor?
    Quote Originally Posted by qwiklight View Post
    At this point, any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
    You have to provide more info.
  4.    #4  
    Sorry, I went back and edited my original post. I'm not sure how to get the listed "red text" information from the IPKG log listed here so hang on while I type what I can see:

Kernel confirmed to be compatible with the WebOS version
    Verifying no existing modifications to target files
    Verification failed on /boot/System.map-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430

Ok, there are about 15 more lines of text but I need to take a quick break and come and finish listing the error lines of text. P.S. The battery needs a few minutes to charge too.
    I would do the volume up button trick and do a doctor at this point. What errors are you getting when you try to perform the doctor?
    Sorry, I went back and edited my original post. I'm not sure how to get the listed "red text" information from the IPKG log listed here so hang on while I type what I can see:

Kernel confirmed to be compatible with the WebOS version
    Verifying no existing modifications to target files

Ok, there are about 15 more lines of text but I need to take a quick break and come and finish listing the error lines of text. P.S. The battery needs a few minutes to charge too.
    Press the top left corner of the screen and select email ipkg, then just copy and paste it.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Press the top left corner of the screen and select email ipkg, then just copy and paste it.
    I knew there had to be an easier way than trying to type that error list.

I couldn't get it to doctor - at all. I don't know if I was performing each of the steps correctly but it never did doctor properly.
  8.    #8  
    1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre.postinst 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Verifying no existing modifications to target files ...
    Verification failed on /boot/config-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430
    Verification failed on /boot/uImage-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/extra/ramzswap.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/extra/xvmalloc.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/arch/arm/oprofile/oprofile.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/ecb.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/pcbc.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/block/nbd.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/net/ifb.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    Device kernel is not in factory condition, refusing to install replacement

No doubt I forgot to put it back to factory condition prior to removing certain files before the Partial Reset.
    when you say it won't doctor what percentage are you getting to. follow rush's steps here http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2558235 and you should be able to run the doctor sucessfully.
    1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre.postinst 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Verifying no existing modifications to target files ...
    Verification failed on /boot/config-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430
    Verification failed on /boot/uImage-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/extra/ramzswap.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/extra/xvmalloc.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/arch/arm/oprofile/oprofile.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/ecb.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/pcbc.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/block/nbd.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/net/ifb.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    Device kernel is not in factory condition, refusing to install replacement
    Have you ever run an overclocking method before. That is what all the files are for.
    What carrier and webos version are you on?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    when you say it won't doctor what percentage are you getting to. follow rush's steps here http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2558235 and you should be able to run the doctor sucessfully.
    It wasn't quite so painless for me. I thought I had performed each an every step slowly and carefully but it never did "doctor". I never got any percentage. So apparently I missed something. At this point, unless I absolutely have to doctor, I'm trying to avoid it as I've already lost and will have to reload (slowly) some data. But I'm still hopeful here. Thank you.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Have you ever run an overclocking method before. That is what all the files are for.
    What carrier and webos version are you on?
    Verizon is my carrier.
    Palm WebOS 1.4.1.1
    With everything you have mentioned in this thread and with trying to install kernels I personally would doctor to make sure I had a pristine condition Pre. If you still have patches installed but you did a partial erase that is not good. IMO it would be best to doctor get to factory condition and then start fresh. You will probably keep finding little bugs that you can take care of now and not be a huge loss. Just my 2cents.
    Last edited by mamouton; 07/18/2010 at 10:06 PM.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    with everything you have mentioned in this thread and with trying to install kernels I personally would doctor to make sure I had a pristine condition Pre. If you still have patches installed but you did a partial erase that is not good. IMO it would be best to doctor get to factory condition and then start fresh. You will probably keep finding little bugs that you can take care of now and not be a huge loss. Just my 2cents.
    No doubt that's true but since I was dismally ineffective with my first attempt at doctoring, not sure I could manage to get it to factory specs.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Install Restore Kernel from preware. its original untouched kernel from Palm. once its installed u will be able to install uberkernel
    But she has several patches remaining even though she has did a partial reset. Eventually she will have to vistit doctor. My philosophy pay now or pay later.
    Last edited by mamouton; 07/18/2010 at 10:05 PM.
  17.    #17  
    I'll get back to everyone following reinstalling my data from a back up. Crossing my fingers here. Hey, why don't we have a crossed fingers smilie? <grin>

By the way, "he's a she". The real name's Robin and glad to meet you fine gents!

Still can't get it to successfully "doctor", battery pulled, volume button up, etc. etc. doesn't seem to want to work for me - yet. Might not need. Of course I could always start over with my back up ebay-purchased, slightly used pre and disconnect this one but, I'd really rather not as this one's in great condition. The used is well, slightly less so.
    Last edited by qwiklight; 07/20/2010 at 07:30 AM.
    Robin, as mamouton as mention earlier, a visit to the doc seems like the logical thing to do.

Follow my easy steps. Good luck.
    I'll get back to everyone following reinstalling my data from a back up. Crossing my fingers here. Hey, why don't we have a crossed fingers smilie? <grin>

By the way, "he's a she". The real name's Robin and glad to meet you fine gents!

Still can't get it to successfully "doctor", battery pulled, volume button up, etc. etc. doesn't seem to want to work for me - yet. Might not need. Of course I could always start over with my back up ebay-purchased, slightly used pre and disconnect this one but, I'd really rather not as this ones in great condition. The used is well, slightly less so.
    Forgive me Robin. What version os are you running on the computer? Are you able to install anything via webosqi? Does the phone let you click the next button? Let us know where the problem is and we can probably help.
  20.    #20  
    I'm able to add from webOS, yes. Doctoring at this point seems to elude me for some reason and I'm pretty good with computers. Grrrr. I'm still waiting for the lastest attempt to finish up. Cross those fingers boys!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast