Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    this new 1.2ghz overclock is blazing fast! Has anyone else tryed it yet?
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Just got it installed. I am loving the feel of 1.2 Ghz!
    1.2 Ghz? :O Where is the thread?
    I am honestly scared to try it. But of course, I was scared to try the 1 Ghz kernel, and yet it has been extremely stable for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshg47 View Post
    this new 1.2ghz overclock is blazing fast! Has anyone else tryed it yet?
    Getting ready to add "kernel" now...didnt see it earlier...just looked and there it was...hallelujah!...looking forward...I guess no specific thread for this kernel?...would love to give feedback etc..still have spreadsheet from caj2009 and Marco back when testing the 720 and 800 before they came out...if this is a Marco kernel I will send results to you Marco...thanks
    it's amazing!!!!!! I've lost at least a pct a min over wifi but it's sooo fast it's adicting.
    mine locked up with this one... doctoring now
    don't doctor! Plug it in!
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Does anyone here know of its AUPT compatibility? I believe that since its from preware its compatible... however I would like to be certain.

Thank you!
    I really want to try this out but one I'm scared that it will make me have to doctor my phone, and two I don't know what the speed difference will do if I only use maybe like 5-10 apps. Twee, Web, Messaging, YouTube, Feeds, Email, Preware, App Catalog, Facebook Beta. Any others I hardly use. So do I even bother?
    -- Alexis Segura

**Check out my theme Suave on Prethemer.com**
    I didn't think going from 800mhz to 1.0ghz was worth the effort, but 1.2 is quite an upgrade. I'll probably do it tomorrow...
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    So do I even bother?
    I wouldn't. It even says do not use if you like your phone
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    mine locked up with this one... doctoring now
    Geeksquad is right, doctoring won't solve your problem. Its a voltage issue. You need to plug it into a source to charge it. This will bring it to a default voltage which will then give you the ability to remove the kernel or update it to a newer version of SR71. Even with the newest iteration my phone was still crashing so I have reverted back to the F105 kernel. Its a hardware issue with certain Pre's. Hopefully a workaround can be found but F105 is fine for me honestly.
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    I didn't think going from 800mhz to 1.0ghz was worth the effort, but 1.2 is quite an upgrade. I'll probably do it tomorrow...
    800 to 1ghz is worth it, at least for me. More stable, better battery life and runs cooler. Its also faster.
    do i need to uninstall 800 to install 1ghz ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjclaypool View Post
    do i need to uninstall 800 to install 1ghz ?
    What do you mean? 800 what? 1ghz what? I don't know anything called these two things.
    800mhz kernal to install 1 ghz kernal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjclaypool View Post
    800mhz kernal to install 1 ghz kernal.
    I am aware of an old 800mhz sh kernel but I'm not sure if that is what you are referring to. As for the 1ghz kernel I know at least two kernels that run at this speed. You are going to have to be more specific.
    Yes, uninstall the 800 first. Go with the F105 1ghz kernel.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast