Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Thank Marco, Jauder and Steve for the kernel speed improvements.

I do the work to get the kernels packaged correctly, released properly
    and controlled reliably and safely by Govnah, but they are the guys pushing
    the envelope on all fronts

-- Rod
    Just in general Rod, Webos Interals is a Wonderful asset to the Webos Community. Everyone involved is doing tremendous work. With Webos Internals and the Webos Developers, independent and large, this is an effort that will not soon be forgotten. A GIANT THANK You to every Developer who contributes to Webos. GREAT JOB and keep Up the Wonderful Job.

Rod, Please Tell The Webos Internals Team that they are Amazing and their work and yours is very much appreciated.
    1.2 yes! I'm already in the low 40's when I'm on 1ghz shouldn't be any higher with 1.2. But my phone has reach 63 degrees before while running MHS for like 1 hour on f105 TC. I found a way to fix that... Just turn the fan on and blast it at my pre and it cools down and stays in the high 30's. Hope 1.2 doesn't push it too far. Going to install now!
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    don't doctor! Plug it in!
    plugged it in got my phone working stock. then got curious and turn 1.2 bb on phone froze and I plugged usb in and phone still won't boot now. don't know what to do.
    STOCKTON, CA!
    wake up
    stay alive
    use pre
    survived
    back to bed
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    please explain! I am using uberkernals latest version at 800mhz. I have noticed alot of resets but don't have anymore tmc errors due to compache. Now I have to ask what makes the 1hz more stable? How is it cooler? And how does the battery last longer when this is an even higher overclock?!? Does it still implement something that defeats the tmc errors? I am really intrigued to know about this kernal and how its better despite its higher oc. (ps I have read that forum but its so long its hard to get the just of what I want. I have posted a similar question in that forum as well)

The only way to truly answer that question is for you to try it out. Give it a go. Everyone uses their phones differently, so even though many are testing the same kerneles, results always vary.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    The only way to truly answer that question is for you to try it out. Give it a go. Everyone uses their phones differently, so even though many are testing the same kerneles, results always vary.
    Lol, yeah I don't know either. YMMV, but Thunderchief has been nothing but good to my phone.
    I posted this on the formal thread for this kernel but posting it here as well. Evrything works great with this kernel except I am having 3D games crashes few minutes into playing, anyone else experiencing this?
    hopefully there is an update for sr71 with the voltage issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzoi View Post
    What voltage issues are you referring to?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I couldn't get my phone to boot properly after installing sr71. Until geeksquad kid said to plug it into an outlet to give it more power so the phone can boot properly. After getting it to boot the phone was running stock while sr71 was installed. ??? When I bump it to 1.2 phone freezes, endless boot cycle with palm logo slightly flickering. Until I plug it to a power source it boots again but runs stock 500.
    I couldn't get my phone to boot properly after installing sr71. Until geeksquad kid said to plug it into an outlet to give it more power so the phone can boot properly. After getting it to boot the phone was running stock while sr71 was installed. ??? When I bump it to 1.2 phone freezes, endless boot cycle with palm logo slightly flickering. Until I plug it to a power source it boots again but runs stock 500.
    Its supposed to run @ 500 while plugged in.
    A significant voltage increase to help weakling devices will likely increase the battery drain for Chuck Norris devices and also further reduce the overall device lifetime (I hope everyone is remembering that downstream effect of overclocking).

I'm not sure that's a good tradeoff to make ...

-- Rod
    Haha, I wish I had a Chuck Norris Pre.
    I don't really care about the pre's cpu life, it's not like your phone is gonna die within a year.(you can search about pre's cpu life and overclocking in our forums if your concern) If you don't know how to keep your phone temp stable yeah maybe it could fry, but other then that yeahhh! Lets keep pushing it to the max. I've been reading other forums and they are impress with precentral overclocking skillz.
    I don't really care about the pre's cpu life, it's not like your phone is gonna die within a year.(you can search about pre's cpu life and overclocking in our forums if your concern) If you don't know how to keep your phone temp stable yeah maybe it could fry, but other then that yeahhh! Lets keep pushing it to the max. I've been reading other forums and they are impress with precentral overclocking skillz.
    You might want to look up who posted the figures on OMAP3430 CPU lifetime degradation on this forum ...

The lifetime drops from 100K hours at 500MHz to 44K hours at 600MHz due mainly to a 0.08V voltage increase.

To go to 1200MHz, we increase the voltage by another 0.35V. You do the math ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You might want to look up who posted the figures on OMAP3430 CPU lifetime degradation on this forum ...

The lifetime drops from 100K hours at 500MHz to 44K hours at 600MHz due mainly to a 0.08V voltage increase.

To go to 1200MHz, we increase the voltage by another 0.35V. You do the math ...

-- Rod
    So if we say that the CPU life is 44% after every 0.08v increased, then after 0.35v (~4x0.08), expected cpu life
    is (0.44)^4 x 44k = 1.65k hours ~ 68 days.
    Ofcourse my calculations are off but serves for interest.
    There are no voltage issues. YOUR phone just cant handle it.

Just because of your phone everyone else's that does works fine has to suffer suckier battery life.
    Live free or DIE!
    damn... Well I guess my launch day pre can't handle sr71. I'm fine with my f105 TC. It is an honor to be told by unixpsycho what to do! Your information will not go to waste!
    On the topic of voltage, I have a question - I don't fully understand these kernels so maybe I'll be surprised by the answer.

If I run SR71 @ 1005, is it running at the same voltage as if I was running at 1200? (ie. is the voltage tied to the kernel or tied to the speed?)

My reason for asking is SR71 is working great on my Pre, but I prefer to run at 1005 most of the time, up to 1200 for stuff like Asphalt5 (loading is SO fast). If voltage is tied to speed, this will save me some life while making the switch very convenient when needed

Many thanks.

PS. One other interesting note - yesterday Asphalt5 ran, but was choppy every couple seconds (-81). Today with -82 it runs silky smooth. Incredible work, thanks!!

(Also posted this in http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...46#post2564846)
    Last edited by vandassen; 07/20/2010 at 09:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by evertec View Post
    not to ask too much but I wanted to throw out the idea of having 2 separate kernels, one undervolted, and one overvolted so chuck norris pre's can get bettery battery life, while the weaklings can run at higher speeds if desired.
    Also, Unixpsycho, did you see this in the official kernel? +1

What do you think about making an elitist kernel?
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    argh, webos-kernels-testing keeps giving me erros.. Typed the name in, copy pasted the url, left it on compressed, accepted, restarted, and nothing..i'll try again tomorrow..
    Strangely enough, that used to happen to me too. Try typing in the URL manually.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast