Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    i still don't see how you install this....
    Quote Originally Posted by ferriskeanu View Post
    Yep...mine too...lol...I was about to return Pre because of other issues anyways....now on my 4th device because of hardware issues unrelated to overclocking...however Pre went down last night after adding kernel...never got it past the Palm logo when rebooting...my computer was down so couldn't doctor...the build date on it was late june...about to check build date on this one...going to try again on monday...
    You do know there is way to remove the kernal short of doctoring, right? See the first few pages of the SR71 kernal thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by gut46 View Post
    That's because you are not in the official thread.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...rd-kernel.html

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    So, what ever happened to the old days of "Past 800Mhz there isn't enough gain to warrant going faster?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    So, what ever happened to the old days of "Past 800Mhz there isn't enough gain to warrant going faster?"
    Who is that quote from?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    argh, webos-kernels-testing keeps giving me erros.. Typed the name in, copy pasted the url, left it on compressed, accepted, restarted, and nothing..i'll try again tomorrow..
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Who is that quote from?

-- Rod
    I remember hearing that frequently from Caj. But that doesn't matter anymore.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gut46 View Post
    have you read and understand the conditions of using testing feeds and alpha kernels?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I remember hearing that frequently from Caj. But that doesn't matter anymore.
    What he said.

So what did happen, did someone discover a way to get that additional speed, or did you all say it doesn't matter, we're going to gigahertz land!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    What he said.

So what did happen, did someone discover a way to get that additional speed, or did you all say it doesn't matter, we're going to gigahertz land!
    It's all just a methodical progression of finding the right voltages and PLL settings that work reliably for each speed increment.

See http://git.webos-internals.org/?p=ke...git;a=shortlog for the history.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Rod, Keep up the Great Work man. You and the Team at Webos Internals are doing an amazing job. We here at Precentral are very Grateful for what YOU AND Your TEAM have done For the Palm Homebrew Community. THANK U very Much and its great to have You on board working with Webos. Once again Thank U and Webos Internals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    800 to 1ghz is worth it, at least for me. More stable, better battery life and runs cooler. Its also faster.
    Which kernel are you using? Warthog / Thunderchief ?

Thanks
    Removing it wont stay on doesnt work at least for me sucks! Going back to f105
    Thunderchief
    800 to 1ghz is worth it, at least for me. More stable, better battery life and runs cooler. Its also faster.
    please explain! I am using uberkernals latest version at 800mhz. I have noticed alot of resets but don't have anymore tmc errors due to compache. Now I have to ask what makes the 1hz more stable? How is it cooler? And how does the battery last longer when this is an even higher overclock?!? Does it still implement something that defeats the tmc errors? I am really intrigued to know about this kernal and how its better despite its higher oc. (ps I have read that forum but its so long its hard to get the just of what I want. I have posted a similar question in that forum as well)
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    please explain! I am using uberkernals latest version at 800mhz. I have noticed alot of resets but don't have anymore tmc errors due to compache. Now I have to ask what makes the 1hz more stable? How is it cooler? And how does the battery last longer when this is an even higher overclock?!? Does it still implement something that defeats the tmc errors? I am really intrigued to know about this kernal and how its better despite its higher oc. (ps I have read that forum but its so long its hard to get the just of what I want. I have posted a similar question in that forum as well)
    Wow! You asked all of the questions I was going to ask. Thanks!
    Thunderchief
    Just jumped to SR71 and it's screaming fast no issues thus far
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Thank you all for answering my question! I am no longer worried about it anymore

Preware rocks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TOOLEY View Post
    Rod, Keep up the Great Work man. You and the Team at Webos Internals are doing an amazing job. We here at Precentral are very Grateful for what YOU AND Your TEAM have done For the Palm Homebrew Community. THANK U very Much and its great to have You on board working with Webos. Once again Thank U and Webos Internals.
    Thank Marco, Jauder and Steve for the kernel speed improvements.

I do the work to get the kernels packaged correctly, released properly and controlled reliably and safely by Govnah, but they are the guys pushing the envelope on all fronts.

-- Rod
    just cant wait to try it!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast