Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post
    Does anyone here know of its AUPT compatibility? I believe that since its from preware its compatible... however I would like to be certain.

Thank you!
    I never got an answer on this but its supposedly fine to leave it installed when 1.4.5 rolls out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    Yes, uninstall the 800 first. Go with the F105 1ghz kernel.
    thank you!
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I never got an answer on this but its supposedly fine to leave it installed when 1.4.5 rolls out.
    from what I understand you should remove any kernel that is not factory sine 1.4.f update has an updated kernel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjclaypool View Post
    thank you!
    No offence stir fry alot, but I would not take that advice until you have read each respective kernel thread fully and have read and agree to this.
    If you had read the respective threads then you would have found your answer pretty quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jurias View Post
    from what I understand you should remove any kernel that is not factory sine 1.4.f update has an updated kernel
    That is the wrong information. You have missed the AUPT incorporation into webos-internals custom kernels.
    You can get exact details from the wiki. Also, following @webosinternals on twitter is a good idea.
    Last edited by pip smith; 07/19/2010 at 08:03 AM.
    No, you can go straight from stock to F105 1ghz kernel, you don't need to work up to it.
    http://<font color="Navy">Poll: Requ...r webOS</font>

Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
    The Kernels overwrite themselves, that's why we don't have to uninstall the stock kernel to install a new one. Each update overwrites with a new kernel.

And 1.4.5 rolling out.... HA!
    http://<font color="Navy">Poll: Requ...r webOS</font>

Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
    were can I find the kernal at it's not in preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpreboss View Post
    First agree to this. Then do a search for the testing feeds.

The Kernels overwrite themselves, that's why we don't have to uninstall the stock kernel to install a new one. Each update overwrites with a new kernel.
    This is incorrect information.
    sooo if its clearly possible to oc the pre why is there no oc kernel for the pixi yet?? and im not talking uberkernel, im talking true overclocking...
    Cause the pixi is lame and not worth the effort.
    Tried it. Was impressed, but had too many resets, so I've reverted. Well done, though!
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    Just as a reminder, while each properly designed kernel *should* back up whatever kernel it is replacing, and put that kernel back when you uninstall the new one, the most reliable way to ensure you have the default Palm kernel after experimenting is to *install* it via Preware, with reset or better yet power cycles after each kernel is installed or uninstalled. The Palm default kernel is always one of the kernel options in Preware. Just make sure you choose the right one for your device. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpreboss View Post
    unbelievable, if you have to ask, don't use the test feeds...
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Cause the pixi is lame and not worth the effort.
    parden the interuption but how exactly is the pixi "lame"? wasnt it the pre that was originally "lame" and underclocked to 500mhz before other solutions were made available for it? back when i first got my pixi (yes, i own a pixi) i was at the sprint store for about 30 minutes...not debating between pre or pixi but instead between pixi or hero. the pre didnt appeal to me one bit and the only things i still desire from a pre are the larger screen size, oc solution, and...thats it. bash me all u want but in all honestly i think the pre is pretty lame...
    how do you install this?
    If only Palm made a Prixi.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    800 to 1ghz is worth it, at least for me. More stable, better battery life and runs cooler. Its also faster.
    +1. Good summary of the benefits of the 1Ghz kernel.
    how do you install this
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    mine locked up with this one... doctoring now
    Yep...mine too...lol...I was about to return Pre because of other issues anyways....now on my 4th device because of hardware issues unrelated to overclocking...however Pre went down last night after adding kernel...never got it past the Palm logo when rebooting...my computer was down so couldn't doctor...the build date on it was late june...about to check build date on this one...going to try again on monday...
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast