Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    hey guys im kinda new with the whole palm pre so bare with me but i downloaded preware and what not and also dl a patch that allowed the window to be transparent and im also guessing that it made my fonts all black aswell i went to the local sprint store and they didnt kno what to do if someone can plz help me figure out whats going on that would be great and by the way i did a factory reset on the phone and it was still there i cant seem to find out what the problem is plz someone help me i just want my window not to be transparent and i dont want the font to be black i want the font to be back white ty.
    Well if you did a factory reset and wiped your apps it also wiped your patches. I would suggest either using Jason's Repair utility or visiting the doctor. If you had asked before you did the factory reset and I assuming you meant erase apps and data you could have just removed those patches and everthing would have been okay.

Welcome to Precentral.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    like i said im new with the palm i have been a bb fan so where would i find the jason's repair utility i mean i brought the phone back to factory reset and the font is still black and the transparent window is still there when i took it to my local sprint store they told me that when i dl a patch it was either a bad patch that corrupted something or im out of luck and there are no patches on my phone now so??
    doctoring it is all you can do now
    Quote Originally Posted by klow303 View Post
    like i said im new with the palm i have been a bb fan so where would i find the jason's repair utility i mean i brought the phone back to factory reset and the font is still black and the transparent window is still there when i took it to my local sprint store they told me that when i dl a patch it was either a bad patch that corrupted something or im out of luck and there are no patches on my phone now so??
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ty-v2-1-a.html
    You took it to sprint after modifying your phone? You do realize sprint doesnt support patches and homebrew right? Palm doesnt either... as in if you up your phone modifying it they will not and cannot work through the problem with you.

If you are going to modify your phone, you take personal responsibility for its maintenance. Other posts are showing you about the repair utility... and the webOS doctor... educate yourself on the available resources. Theres no way to permanently damage your phone via software... (other than maybe overclocking and letting it overheat) but if you are going to use patches and homebrew you need to be prepared to wipe your phone clean if something goes wrong.

And welcome to PreCentral.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    no i knew the guy that works at sprint he has a hacked palm aswell thats why i took it to him he didnt care lol i just want my palm back to normal lol i dont care about loosing everything so if someone can tell me plz
    you can do the Repair utility or the doctor. Doctor would probably be quicker.