Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Hi guys

Unfortunately i had the misfortune of my usb door breaking off and since i live in Australia havent got easy access to parts so instead of leaving the door off or having it fall off while in use i decided to modify the usb door. I glued the whole door on using super glue and then drilled out a small whole using a dremel (being careful of the connector) and then extended the hole using the dremel. I did this until the hole was the suitable size.

I have tried to attach a photo.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    check your pm.
    do you have a picture of the pre with the usb cable in it as well? Can you get any closer it looks neat. I wish the usb door was like the pixi's usb door.
    why not just take the door off?
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    I think he was trying to keep it protected as much as possible.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I didnt take the USB door off because it leaves a massive hole in the device (aesthetics)

The phone was off and when i plugged it in the palm logo came up. just added that to show that the phone still charges.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Great work! it looks much better than a gaping wound.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    I just put up with the gaping wound....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Mine just snaps back in and stays pretty tightly, so I ignore it!

I really don't care and am not going to get worked up about a silly little, flimsy piece of plastic.
    nice work. must have been a pain working with such a small piece. alot better than being without cover.