Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Has anyone else had really bad reception problems with their Pre? I'm talking about crackling/clicking so bad you may hear a single word or fraction of a word over 30-45 seconds of trying to trying talk to someone.

This happens on both ends, people can't hear me and I can't hear them, but it only seems to happen on incoming calls. This also happens all over town and not in any specific location like my home or something. It also doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes I can receive a call and it would be perfectly clear.

I did install the Uber-Kernel in the middle of June but uninstalled it a few weeks later after I started having the issue because I assumed it was related, but it hasn't fixed it.

What's the proper uninstall procedure for the Uber-Kernel? I just went into Preware after setting my phone back to 500MHz and installed the recovery kernel. Is there any way to tell if everything is back to the way it should be?
    if that is happening, get it replaved. The pre is known for excellent phone quality.
    You're probably calling someone with an iphone4.
    Over the past year I have owned the Pre I have never had anyone complain about voice quality. CDMA has better sound quality IMO.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Sound quality has always been excellent with my pre, much more so than a lot of phones Ive had, both with sprint and with tmobile. There are times when people complain that I break up, but they still come in crystal clear on my end which leads me to believe its a problem with their phone not mine. Im not real sure. I do know my pre gets cell reception inside buildings that no other phone ive ever had could. Not sure if thats quality in the phone itself or an expansion/improvement in Sprints network though.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    This has only been happening the past couple weeks... pretty much since I installed the Uber-Kernel. Before that everything was perfect and I had no complaints.

Is there any way for Sprint to tell that I previously had the Uber-Kernel installed? I have the equipment protection with Sprint so I'd like to take it to them, but I'm not sure if there is any way for them to tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by zerohaste View Post
    This has only been happening the past couple weeks... pretty much since I installed the Uber-Kernel. Before that everything was perfect and I had no complaints.

Is there any way for Sprint to tell that I previously had the Uber-Kernel installed? I have the equipment protection with Sprint so I'd like to take it to them, but I'm not sure if there is any way for them to tell.
    You should ALWAYS doctor the phone before returning it to be replaced... return it it with its original configuration... and no they shouldnt be able to tell you had it overclocked.