1.    #1  
    Hey webOS family!! I finally got my pre yesterday and am loving it!! A few questions however. Some of my most favorite apps are not in the catalog on the phone. when i try to download from the computer via sms, my phone tells me that the catalog is not available; what is going on?? Another question... calendar sucks worse than I thought. Are there any other options (calendar apps) in catalog or homebrew? At least a way to get a daily event summary? I hate not being able to look at the calendar and see what an event is. Thanks for any suggestions!!!
    For a daily summary, I would suggest Agenda.

What are you trying to download and from where. A lot more information would give people some chance of helping.
    Quote Originally Posted by teach1love View Post
    Hey webOS family!! I finally got my pre yesterday and am loving it!! A few questions however. Some of my most favorite apps are not in the catalog on the phone. when i try to download from the computer via sms, my phone tells me that the catalog is not available; what is going on?? Another question... calendar sucks worse than I thought. Are there any other options (calendar apps) in catalog or homebrew? At least a way to get a daily event summary? I hate not being able to look at the calendar and see what an event is. Thanks for any suggestions!!!
    Hi.
    First let me congratulate you on choosing one of the best smart,smart phones around.

We do have a lot of great apps available, maybe the one your looking for is in the making, and not available at this time.

As for the calender, Hpalm has, if not, the best calender app I've seen. In preware we do have a patch to enhance the calender app if that's what your looking for.

The phone is still in its early stage.(In my opinion) there still is a lot more things needed to be added on. Enjoy your phone, and wishing all the best.
  4.    #4  
    i clicked on the download link on precentral and it took me to the palm webpage. I then put in my # to send it to my phone via text. When i clicked on the link, it seemed to be a dead link, saying that app catalog is unavailable. any suggestions???
    Quote Originally Posted by teach1love View Post
    i clicked on the download link on precentral and it took me to the palm webpage. I then put in my # to send it to my phone via text. When i clicked on the link, it seemed to be a dead link, saying that app catalog is unavailable. any suggestions???
    What country are you in?
    Can you search for it in the app catalogue on your pre?
    Try it through Preware, check to make sure the app catalogue is included in your feeds.
    What app are you trying to download? Is it not available though the app catalog on your phone?
    UberCalendar and Agenda should resolve most of your problems with the calendar. Look for them using Preware.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~