View Poll Results: How satisfied are you?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im so happy, I peed a little.

20 15.27%
  • This is a great phone, I love it.

92 70.23%
  • Wait, what are we talking about again?

7 5.34%
  • Im jumping ship as soon as possible.

9 6.87%
  • @(#$*@ @#$@# Potatoes.

3 2.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ive been coming to precentral for a long time, never had the urge to post anything before but recently I made the decision to join the community for real rather than simply lurk along the outer edges.

Over a year of luck... I dont think I see enough positive posts about the pre anymore... negativity, complacency or outright apathy seem to be creeping around more and more. I suppose it is as they say, the squeaky wheels and all...

Yes... over a year Ive been with Pre. I joined up at launch and never looked back. Im on my 5th pre... yet Ive never had a single major problem that most others here have had. None of my phones had the oreo effect... none of them had headjacks or speakers die... the screen never went wonky... ive never had the power button fall off, never had the usb door come out.

I replaced my first one after shutting it in the trunk of a rental car... just a stupid mistake, but I travel everyday for work. Im on a plane quite literally at least 22 days out of the month. The next time I had to replace my phone was after I made the mistake of placing it in my carry on baggage, then letting the Neanderthals they hire to pack the plane check my carry on due to room restrictions... they smashed my screen all to hell AND stole my back up battery at the same time. The other two of five I have maintained as tester phones... One is heavily modded, the other is clean as a whistle never touched by any homebrew or non-palm approved app. So, I got three phones at launch, and had to replace my personal use phone twice due to operator negligence.

Who else here, among the silent but happy posters, have never seen all the hardware issues that so many complain of? Who here is just as wildly satisfied with their phone, although understands there are some things that can always be improved? Who here cant imagine a mobile OS replacing webOS in their life at this time?
    great phone, just upgraded to the PP+ from the original Pre, and can't wait to have the successor next year!!
  3. jmf
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I like it too, and when I am using it in the presence of curious iphone owners they seemed to like it also. For some reason, the Pre doesn't seem to get the hype. I think it is the only phone that grows in the shade. WebOS in the HP Slate may change things.

jmf
    Still going strong with my first, and only, Sprint launch day Pre. Never had a problem that I couldn't figure out with help from PreCentral.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Still have my launch day Pre as well. No problems. Still have the charger cover and everything. Still love it. I had been in the habit of replacing my phone yearly, but I am definitely waiting for the next version of the Pre on Sprint.
    I love the software, but my wife has gone through 7 Pre's since Nov. & I have been through 3 since Sep. I will probably get the Epic if it seems strudy. Can't wait for a new hp device, maybe next year.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I voted "love it, great phone" but I am a step below. I love it when it is working correctly but am ready for an upgrade for it. It doesn't always work correctly, freezing up and slowwwwwing dowwwnnnnn sporadically. I am staying with WebOS but it is time....
    Love! – Love! – Love! my Palm Pre Plus (Verizon Launch Day) - I have become obsessed with it!
    It has become my new hobby - checking for Palm news and information several hours a day.
    I really need to get a life.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    13 months and still on my 1st Pre, love this phone.
    still on my first sprint pre. 9 months and counting, no problems.. im so happy i peed a little
    Had my PrePlus since launch day at Verizon and got my bride one one month later, no hardware problems at all.
    On Pre #2. #1 had way too much light leakage going on. This one has a huge bubble on the bottom-right side, a crack at the top, a crack from the USB drive, and the USB door has fallen off. The mirror on the back has scratches on it from the slider mechanism.

Hands down, worst build quality I have ever experienced in a phone.

The OS is what's keeping me with the Pre. If no new hardware is announced by the time I feel the need to get me a 3rd phone, I'm jumping ship. Having to go back and forth to Sprint for exchanges is a waste of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    a crack at the top, a crack from the USB drive, and the USB door has fallen off.
    Sorry for asking, but your Pre probably didn't do that all by itself, did it?
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    On Pre #2. #1 had way too much light leakage going on. This one has a huge bubble on the bottom-right side, a crack at the top, a crack from the USB drive, and the USB door has fallen off. The mirror on the back has scratches on it from the slider mechanism.

Hands down, worst build quality I have ever experienced in a phone.

The OS is what's keeping me with the Pre. If no new hardware is announced by the time I feel the need to get me a 3rd phone, I'm jumping ship. Having to go back and forth to Sprint for exchanges is a waste of time.
    That is why I went with the PIXI, much less problematic.
    Loving my Pixi. Yes I am a guy and own a Pixi, get over it.

Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I got five at launch for me and four other people. I'm still on my original, moderately modded. My wife is on her 2nd after she cracked her screen- she did have to get a replacement battery when she had some crazy issued with the OEM. One other person I got it for still has his original. The other two traded them in for BlackBerry's (I could have killed them!).
    Love this phone. Still have an extra as "backup", sitting on my shelf.
    Looking forward to WebOS2!
    I only wonder if there will ever be custom WebOS ROMs like we see in WM & Android?
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    After 1 year with the Pre, I went to the EVO. My pre has a crack from the USB door and other than that, it has held up fine.

What I liked about the Pre:
    Touchstone charger! Truely wireless
    Size and form factor
    WebOS: Still the best thought out and intuitive user interface
    PreCentral: Great home brew apps, patches and fixes. Fantastic user/developer community.

What I didn't like:
    Battery life
    Speed is slow, too much lag
    Screen too small (cannot do anything without reading glasses) probably only an issue us older geeks.
    No voice command, or voice dial!

What do I find I really like about the EVO: Screen Size, No lag, and Voice Command.

I would like my EVO much better if it had the WebOS style user interface.

I think Palm went in the right direction with WebOS and the pre. They just needed to be a little faster to market.
    on my 2nd Pre. My launch day Pre was perfect except for what looked like slight internal separation at the corner of the display that you could only see when the display was off. Display was perfect when the screened was turned on. Sprint replaced it. I did not want to replace but I did not know if the display would get worse. They gave me a refurb which is going strong aftef 9 months. I love this phone! This is my 3rd straight Palm smartphone and I hope I never have to get anything but a Palm. I love WebOS, the keyboard, synergy, homebrew, touchstone, the ability to customize and overclock, and the form factor. I would like to see better battery life, but at least we can swap a fresh battery in when we need the extra life. I would like to see Sling Mobile just like my 755. I can't wait for the Pre 2 which I expect will be fantastic. With HP's backing, I fully expect Palm to be leading the market 5 years from now. Hey, wasn't Apple almost dead 10 years ago?
    Been through bad times and good, looking back- more good than bad, so that's great. Anyway loving my palm pre from sprint.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    I always wonder about this... my electronics always last a good while and look good for a long time. Yet other people I know, their phones fall apart after a short period, they have to replace controllers constantly for game consoles... on and on. I dont baby my devices by any means, and use them heavily, yet Ive never been able to identify behavior in other people that would tell my why everything they own falls apart so fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    I use my phone like any normal person does. Blaming the victim, eh? All I'm saying is that compared to phones I've owned in the past, the Pre is easily the worst in build quality.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast