1.    #1  
    My Gps has been acting funny lately. It has only done this 4 times. It did this 3 times while I was in the office. I pull up google maps and my gps thinks that I'm in Anchorage Alaska. I live in Oklahoma City so there is quite a distance there. If I toggle the wifi either on or off, it fixes the bug. But I'm not too sure if that's whats really fixing it since it only happened 4 times. I thought there was something up with the office, but it happened while I was at home. This has happened all last week too. I've had this phone since launch day and I never had a problem with it.
    do you have an airrave. When I am at home the gps puts me in random places.
  3.    #3  
    No, my signal is weak in these two locations. And it's weird how it puts me in the same place in Alaska every time.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Wormhole?
    maybe trying to tell you something... if i was you, i would go to anchorage and see what happens
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    maybe trying to tell you something... if i was you, i would go to anchorage and see what happens
    HAHA... thats funny.

Heres an interesting bit though... if you arent getting a gps signal theres two other methods that the phone might use to locate you... that would be cell tower triangulation... or sometimes google forces a "connection" location... for instance, if you have a gmail account sometimes you might notice under your ip activity for google it places your phone in odd locations... for instance, google often thinks I am in florida, and ive verified the ip of my phone as the culprit... however, I am in los angeles. It may just be a google thing... I know google has a predictive algorithm when you load google maps, if you dont have a home location preset, it will take a look at where your traffic is coming from and load it that way.
    Yea on my Airave and Wifi, I get put in Bogota, TX (which is about 100 miles from my house). I've had my GPS (actually, Google Maps) tell me I was in Ghana before though. That was awesome. I'm guessing it's based on Wifi addresses or broadband networks.
    I hear that something similar happens if the GPS is relying on WiFi locations to determine were you are if the WiFi devices it's accessing just happened to move from another location and haven't had time to update their location yet.
    It's fate telling you to move.....not that I actually believe that, but it sounded good!
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    Naa he needs to go to Nome Alaska have you seen the 4th kind? its the aliens trying to get him lol
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    If this was an iPhone Steve Jobs would be arguing that the problem is that you're not living in the right place.

Besides, what's more 'magical' than being transported to Alaska (in the convenience of your own home)?
    yes. Can the iphone do that? NO! palm ftw.
    [QUOTE=dbh123;2560005]If this was an iPhone Steve Jobs would be arguing that the problem is that you're not living in the wrong place [\QUOTE]

that made my day. Thank you haha
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    1/10 times I open google maps, it thinks I'm in Washington, DC, right over the white house. I live in Texas... waiting about 5 more seconds puts google maps in the right spot.
    thank you Mr. Micah Obama
    Quote Originally Posted by MicahDG View Post
    1/10 times I open google maps, it thinks I'm in Washington, DC, right over the white house. I live in Texas... waiting about 5 more seconds puts google maps in the right spot.
    What they're saying is you should run for president and say your phone told you that you belong there.

I'll bet you'd get a bunch of nut jobs voting for you.. Plus all of us PreCentral-ers of course
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup