1.    #1  
    I have a Belkin 150N. I know it's not top of the line. Up until a month ago my browser on wifi was fast as heck. Now it's very depressingly slow! Why? No patches used. Erased cache and cookies. Reset router several times. Any ideas?
    sounds like a router issue to me but I'm sure someone smarter then me will tell you why.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbastian29 View Post
    I have a Belkin 150N. I know it's not top of the line. Up until a month ago my browser on wifi was fast as heck. Now it's very depressingly slow! Why? No patches used. Erased cache and cookies. Reset router several times. Any ideas?
    Do you have any other devices connected to the WiFi? Are they acting the same way?
    yeah, 192.168.1.1 last may be 2 or 3 cant remember for belkin. maybe your neighbors have been stealing your bandwidth
    Palm prē-ist.
    I've always personally had problems with Belkin, after about 6 months of use it seemed to always die and I'd have to get another one.

Every so often woot or big computer stores like Fry's will have a Linksys on sale for like 15-20 bucks.

Chances are it's not the neighbors breaking in as that effect would be generally unnoticeable, or at least the performance would change during the day. You might try connecting the Pre to another wifi device if possible (maybe at a starbucks or other free wifi location) and see if you get boosts in speed as you might also have a problem with the phone.

Also you may try resetting your firmware settings on the router by either pressing the reset button for 3 seconds, unplugging the power cable for 30 seconds, or unplugging the power cable and hold the reset button for 30 seconds. This will erase all the settings but may fix the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    yeah, 192.168.1.1 last may be 2 or 3 cant remember for belkin. maybe your neighbors have been stealing your bandwidth
    http://192.168.2.1/ is the address for Belkin configuration.

To the OP... How are you connecting with your Pre? Encrypted connection, guest access, etc? I'm using the guest access, as I have no need to access my home network... I just need the connection, and have never had a problem.

Go to the security link at the above address and choose a password for the "Guest Password".. then use this to connect.

Also make sure you're router is secured (WPA, WPA2, etc), otherwise neighbors can hitch a ride on your bandwidth.
  7.    #7  
    It's wpa protected so it's not the neighbors. I think the router is crapping out.
    My Pre and others have had various issues with Pre's WiFi. There is something that is just not right. Tech support has asked me to Doctor my Pre (haven't done it yet) but others seem to have mixed results after doing so.

I can tell you that no matter what WiFi router I am connected to, youtube buffers frequently and never plays straight through, radio stations do the same (RadioTime)... Ev seems much faster for most web browsing, too.

From the tech end, I have identified that for some reason, youtube on the pre's wifi is capped at 200kpbs and if the Pre is at a good distance from the router (where PC's work at full strength), the routers will slow the link down to 5.5mbps while the Pre is connected. Makes no sense, other than that there are problems with Pre's wifi.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    i've had similar problems. i use my mobile hotspot on my pre to get on the internet with my ipod touch. and everytime i try to surf the internet on my ipod, it just says its loading for like 10min before i just give up. this happens all the time and i cant figure out how to fix it. Anyone know where the problem is? Maybe its just verizon??