1.    #1  
    I've noticed something strange....

Many times when I hit the power button to wake up my Pre, the clock will display a time and in less than a second it will jump back a minute.

For example, if I wake up the phone, the display will read 05:41 for a split second then jump back to 05:40.

I've never noticed this until recently. It doesn't happen all the time but is frequent enough to be noticeable.

I'm not complaining or asking for an idea how to fix it, just thought I'd mention an interesting observation.
    I've noticed that happens on my phone too. It's the same thing, I turn on the screen and it jumps back a minute after I unlock it.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Same here. It's not bothersome, but interesting indeed.
    I saw that happen today, not sure if it has happened before though.
    I've seen this happen too. I have a theory. Remember how we used to have problems with the clock keeping time? They fixed that in 1.4.0 (I think it was 1.4). Probably, the Pre now synchronizes to network time every so often. It may also do it as soon as you turn the screen on. So as soon as you turn it on, it shows the old time (off by a bit) then it re-syncs very quickly and the time is fixed. That's my theory.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I've seen this happen too. I have a theory. Remember how we used to have problems with the clock keeping time? They fixed that in 1.4.0 (I think it was 1.4). Probably, the Pre now synchronizes to network time every so often. It may also do it as soon as you turn the screen on. So as soon as you turn it on, it shows the old time (off by a bit) then it re-syncs very quickly and the time is fixed. That's my theory.
    Why can't it just keep time?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    it's time travel. Apple wants to mimic it but can't. Go Palm!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I think that this has been happening for awhile. I believe I have seen this prior to 1.4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Why can't it just keep time?
    No clock is perfect, especially for devices. Phones and computers sync up to a external server commonly to keep accurate time. My guess is that Palm has the Pre automatically sync anytime the screen is turned on. I've experienced this too. It could also be a symptom of the overclocking kernels which causes the internal system time to be out of sync.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    I see this time to time as well. Just another disgusting bug from a beta OS (even after years) that no other phone has.. not even the cheapest of the cheap.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    What kills me is when I have an alarm on and i wake it up / cancel it, and it goes off immediately again because of the time traveling...
    Quote Originally Posted by samecolor View Post
    I see this time to time as well. Just another disgusting bug from a beta OS (even after years) that no other phone has.. not even the cheapest of the cheap.
    Years? its just over a year old i never notice this at all i think its something to do with the network your on.

If you fell this way about it why don't you just go get your iPhone and bitc* about dropped calls then be mad when Steve Jobs tells you not to hold it that way and when your cell Bill is a hell of a lot more then it is now and when you cant have multiple apps running...

Sorry if i seem ****y but we don't need noobs like you getting on here and trolling are beloved Pre Central... Either you like it or you don't if not then MOVE ON...