Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    PrePals:

I have seen various stylus's available for Palm Pre on the internet. I was wondering if anybody has tried these. I searched the forums, but couldn't really find useful threads about this. I don't need it for native Palm apps, but for use with Classic. I use Datebk6 on Classic, and although it runs just great, sometimes data entry is difficult because of the small buttons. I know that I can expand the screen with a gesture, but I don't want to have to do that. So, any stylus experience out there?
    I thought you couldn't use a stylus on the screen???? But then I think I do remember someone talking about stylus? I dunno I'm tired and it's freakin hot.
    yeah you can use one such as that. It has to be one for a capacitive screen
    There are several capacitive screen styles pens available for the iPhone that should work with the Pre.
    Or you could try the 'sausage stylus': iPhone Sausage Stylus (PHOTOS, VIDEO): iPhone Lovers Beat Cold Fingers With Meat
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Yes, but what I am asking is, does anybody on the forum have experience with these, especially with Classic?
    That's right, couldn't remember what I read..... couldn't go back to stylus..... there is nowhere to keep it, love how the centro kept my stylus. 2 years both the wife and I, not one lost stylus with the centro.
    dnd, may I ask why you are using classic?
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    dnd, may I ask why you are using classic?
    I use Datebk6 for my calendar. It is without doubt the best calendar out there, but will not run native. The native calendar does not meet my needs. Datebk6 has so many terrific features, but the one feature that stands out above all the rest is the ability to make a template. That is, once I enter the data for an event, I can save it as a template. The next time I need to enter a similar event, one tap does it. For example, I am a physician with a complex schedule. I have templates for when I am in the OR, laser center, office, meeting etc. Just fantastic. It is the main thing I miss about the old Palm OS. I love webOS, but the PIM function of webOS is far below what the old Palm OS could do.
    Have you tried the Uber Calender patch? Doesn't have the template but does add many nice features to the default calendar.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by dndrich View Post
    I use Datebk6 for my calendar. It is without doubt the best calendar out there, but will not run native. The native calendar does not meet my needs. Datebk6 has so many terrific features, but the one feature that stands out above all the rest is the ability to make a template. That is, once I enter the data for an event, I can save it as a template. The next time I need to enter a similar event, one tap does it. For example, I am a physician with a complex schedule. I have templates for when I am in the OR, laser center, office, meeting etc. Just fantastic. It is the main thing I miss about the old Palm OS. I love webOS, but the PIM function of webOS is far below what the old Palm OS could do.
    Makes sense, can't argue with it, but as said you may want to check out the ubercalendar patch. It is nice, I don't use it as much as some, but it has improved the calendar.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Makes sense, can't argue with it, but as said you may want to check out the ubercalendar patch. It is nice, I don't use it as much as some, but it has improved the calendar.
    Have not tried it, but the last time I looked at it, it did not have templating. That is the one killer feature I need. Interestingly, Google Calendar does not have templating either, yet I think that feature would be a hit if they had it.
    There's an old thread or two on styluses; do a search. I tried one of the Pogo ones designed for the iPhone, but it doesn't work very well on the Pre. You have to press down quite hard. It seems that the plastic screen on the Pre makes it less sensitive than the iPhone's glass screen. Haven't tried a sausage.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    There's an old thread or two on styluses; do a search. I tried one of the Pogo ones designed for the iPhone, but it doesn't work very well on the Pre. You have to press down quite hard. It seems that the plastic screen on the Pre makes it less sensitive than the iPhone's glass screen. Haven't tried a sausage.
    I looked at some old threads, but there seem to be a few new products. Just wondered about anybody with experience with these things.
    I tried the, I think, TenOne stylus and wasn't pleased. You have to mash down really hard. But I haven't tried the sausage either.
    In DateBk6, rather than use a stylus, I've had better luck just customizing the pop-up menus for to-do's and appointments, so I rarely really have to hit those tiny buttons anyway.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitri View Post
    I tried the, I think, TenOne stylus and wasn't pleased. You have to mash down really hard. But I haven't tried the sausage either.
    In DateBk6, rather than use a stylus, I've had better luck just customizing the pop-up menus for to-do's and appointments, so I rarely really have to hit those tiny buttons anyway.
    OK, nice idea, but there is no place to add the template menu on the popup menu. That is the main one I use, and the button is tiny. Hmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by dndrich View Post
    OK, nice idea, but there is no place to add the template menu on the popup menu. That is the main one I use, and the button is tiny. Hmm.
    Sorry to others reading this; it might more properly now be a different thread in the Official Classic forum or whatever. BUT, dndrich, in DateBk6, to insert an appointment using a template, you can use Edit --> Insert Template, or hit "menu button" Q. The Record menu also has an option to Save Item as Template. I hope this helps.
    I'm using Classic for DB as well. Tried the stylus from Amazon....don't bother, it was worse than using your finger...just enlarge your screen & tap away. Haven't found a great solution to navigating in Classic. I, too, need the templates/features found in DB & haven't found a replacement program.