Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    wosqi? i want to download the f105 1 ghz kernel but i need wosqi and i have no clue what that is.. i got preware does that help lol? helpp
  2.    #2  
    ok i downloaded wosqi now how do i download the f105 ? im on unixpsychos website and went down to f105 but when i click on it it says error
    You have all you need, just add the Kernel Testing feed to Preware and install the Kernel from Preware.
  4.    #4  
    where do i get the kernel testing feed in wosqi or preware?
    Leave WOSQI out of this, lol. Google the feed to find the url and add it in Preware, install new kernel.
  6.    #6  
    u wouldnt mind giving me the url lol.. and in manage feeds in preware i add the feed there right?
    I would suggest you stick with uberkernal + govnah

Its stable enough to be include in the main stream of preware.

The alpha kernal testing comes with a caveat that you should be prepared to doctor your phone at any moment... and BECAUSE they are alpha test, they can be buggy and updated frequently.

If you are asking questions like this... I think you would be better off with a stable kernal.
  8.    #8  
    honestly i just want the 1ghz kernel though i know its an alpha build and isnt that stable etc but i really dont care lmao im in manage feeds right now is that where im suppose to be?
    I rarely have a need to start a new thread... most of the time theres already a thread somewhere that talks about what im looking for.

You should try doing a search and reading a little.
  10.    #10  
    look if you dont want to help me its fine i dont care i dont need your help im sure theres other people on the forums that would be glad to help me and i am looking around but im not finding anything that could help me
    the person that replied to you is only trying to be helpful and understands the forums and how the alpha testing works. Please be guided a little more by advice rather than impulse. I would suggest uberkernal and govenah from my experience. But if you insist then when you open preware and in the top left hand corner of that app is a drop down menu, use it to add the feed you would like. Happy alpha testing and welcome, by the sort of anxiousness I read in you I would bet you're gonna have a lot of help me threads going. So learn to use the search option and read up. Good day sir.
  12.    #12  
    i understand how alpha testing works and i am willing to accept what could happen with f105 .. i already am using uk and govah and i would like to overclock even higher, and yes i did click the top left drop down menu but the problem is i dont know the feed name to get f105 on my phone so would you be so kind to maybe point in the direction on where i can find out ??
    Quote Originally Posted by killaz123 View Post
    i understand how alpha testing works and i am willing to accept what could happen with f105 .. i already am using uk and govah and i would like to overclock even higher, and yes i did click the top left drop down menu but the problem is i dont know the feed name to get f105 on my phone so would you be so kind to maybe point in the direction on where i can find out ??
    Why not seek help in the proper thread? http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ief-alpha.html
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Google the feed to find the url and add it in Preware, install new kernel
    Start with something like this http://tinyurl.com/2a9m2qr

Also read http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Testing_Feeds
    Last edited by mjkjr; 07/16/2010 at 03:03 PM.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by switchedgear View Post
    the person that replied to you is only trying to be helpful and understands the forums and how the alpha testing works. Please be guided a little more by advice rather than impulse. I would suggest uberkernal and govenah from my experience. But if you insist then when you open preware and in the top left hand corner of that app is a drop down menu, use it to add the feed you would like. Happy alpha testing and welcome, by the sort of anxiousness I read in you I would bet you're gonna have a lot of help me threads going. So learn to use the search option and read up. Good day sir.
    I wonder when ppl on this forum will just answer a persons question. Not everyone here is a noob and the search function SUCKS!! If you don't type verbatim and in the exact case it will not generate the correct search. If the guy needs a link don't advise them to search just paste the damn thing for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    I wonder when ppl on this forum will just answer a persons question. Not everyone here is a noob and the search function SUCKS!! If you don't type verbatim and in the exact case it will not generate the correct search. If the guy needs a link don't advise them to search just paste the damn thing for them.
    How do you think the rest of us know where things are? We take the time to look for them, and the process of looking for what we need also educates us about the subject. There is a very good reason why the alpha feeds are not included in the standard stream of Preware...

So heres a question for you... if you arent willing to spend your time trying to find what you are looking for... why should I spend my time to find it for you? In the homebrew community, educating yourself is the greatest resource you have. After that... ask questions to fill in the gaps...
  17.    #17  
    all you had to do was paste the url of the feed and i would be on my dandy way
    1d10t
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    all you had to do was paste the url of the feed and i would be on my dandy way
    Okay sorry guys (and Leke I know you have been around).

But really the search function isn't any harder to use than on ANY other forums. It's about ability and/or willingness to search(multiple times)/read(multiple times) and learn. Beyond that, something like a google search can get lots of information if you don't want to use the search on the forums. Just try typing in palm pre 1ghz into google.

Just saying, it's not impossible and the mantra with the testing feed really is if you don't know it/can't find it you probably shouldn't use it (Leke you should know this, and OP if you read other threads where people ask for the feed you will see this too).

Ohhh and search isn't verbatim or case sensitive, trust me that's how I learned a lot coming in 3+ months after launch.
    Anyone want to post the links right now for the OP on how to doctor your phone? ;-)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast