Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    1.4.5 removed my stuff - whats the fastest/easiest way to overclock my phone again ? I had it at 800 mhz i believe.
    Depends on what overclock you want, I guess. I use the F102A kernel, which provides screenstate 500/800 and compcache support without the use of Govnah. If you want more control or higher overclock, you can check out the F104A/F105/Uberkernel overclocks with Govnah. They are over in webOS Development forum with more info.

Once you have install Preware, just re-add the webOS kernels feeds (don't forget the testing one if you want F10X kernels). I am not entirely sure if they are updated to 1.4.5 yet because I don't have 1.4.5 yet, so idc.
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
  3.    #3  
    thanks man!
    I guess I didn't realize the overclocked kernels were working on 1.4.5 yet, someone else in another thread mentioned that the UK in Preware was a dumby placeholder.
  5.    #5  
    how do i re-add the feed? just update feeds?
    then where is it located? sorry im newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    I guess I didn't realize the overclocked kernels were working on 1.4.5 yet, someone else in another thread mentioned that the UK in Preware was a dumby placeholder.

I updated mine this morning, it's still all fine.

Check this thread, quoting because I cant link yet apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by reeds View Post
    I have just successfully updated without removing any of the previously installed Patches/Applications.

Once installed, launched Preware, Updated Feeds.
    Then Clicked ''Update All''

One single reboot of the phone, all my patches are now back on and working without a problem.
    Very impressed!

Installed Patches, etc.

4x4 Icons v1
    Character Counter
    Default to Month View
    Device Menu Remix with Flashlight
    Enable Add/Delete Pages
    Enable Dialpad Vibration
    Facebook Chat Spoof
    New Card Pre Convo
    Read/Delete All Email
    Unthrottle Download Manager
    Video Camera Flashlight

UberKernal
    Diffstat
    GNU Patch
    Lsdiff
    LED Manager Service
    SysToolsMgr

+Random Applications

Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    how do i re-add the feed? just update feeds?
    then where is it located? sorry im newb
    With Preware open, tap where it says Preware in the top right hand corner and 'Update Feeds'
  7.    #7  
    I installed the kernal from Webos Feeds -- restarted -- nothing happened - why not ? govnah still says 500
  8.    #8  
    simple question i guess: is the over clocking *800* possible with the lastest update? i updated all and rebooted - nothing.

how do i over clock
    It may not be possible, yet. In most cases, when there has been an update, it takes a bit for them to check and make sure that there are no conflicts/problems between the kernels and the update.

That's why they generally advise you to wait a little bit, if you are using them, before installing the update, so they can check for issues first.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    It may not be possible, yet. In most cases, when there has been an update, it takes a bit for them to check and make sure that there are no conflicts/problems between the kernels and the update.

That's why they generally advise you to wait a little bit, if you are using them, before installing the update, so they can check for issues first.
    ok b/c i downloaded the kernals from preware / webos internalz and it installed
    i opened govnah
    yet i can only set it at 600

where's the 800?
    I just added the test feed and Uberkernel is up and running again for me.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  12.    #12  
    HOW did you do it ?
    Palm has not released the kernel source code for 1.4.5 so a 1.4.5 kernel can't technically be built yet. You can either wait patiently, or add the kernel testing feed in Preware and temporarily use the 1.4.1 kernel repackaged for 1.4.5
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Palm has not released the kernel source code for 1.4.5 so a 1.4.5 kernel can't technically be built yet. You can either wait patiently, or add the kernel testing feed in Preware and temporarily use the 1.4.1 kernel repackaged for 1.4.5
    " add the kernel testing feed in Preware and temporarily use the 1.4.1 kernel repackaged for 1.4.5 "

I am sorry im a newb i don't know how to add a "testing feed"

I click on pref. and update feeds - and I see the web os internalz kernals - but there's no "1.4.1." kernal just Uberkernal
  15.    #15  
    i added this feed

ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-kernels/testing/1.4.1/

now what
  16.    #16  
    ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-kernels/testing/1.4.1/

what kernal is needed from here - and how do i install it - to get the 800
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I just added the test feed and Uberkernel is up and running again for me.
    but is your phone running at 800 or just 600 ?
  18.    #18  
    no one knows how to use over clock 800 on a 1.4.5. update ?
    thats insane - i thought you guys were smart
  19.    #19  
    i have preware - i go to add feed - then type ?

i just don't know how to get this so -called "testing feed" into my preware, and once it's in, where are these kernals?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Funkadelick, please read this quote from Rod Whitby:

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Anyone participating in WebOS Internals alpha testing of any kind must be prepared to fully erase and webOS Doctor their phone at a moment's notice without warning and without any regrets or complaints.

They must be prepared to and able to log into the command line on the device and type Linux commands when instructed to do so. Knowing Linux commands ahead of time is preferred, but not required if you are willing to learn them when necessary or can follow instructions without making mistakes.

They must be prepared to go to great and extraordinary lengths to try and reliably reproduce any problems they encounter.

They must give full and detailed bug reports, leaving out no piece of information which could possibly be remotely connected to the problem.

They must read any and all documentation and forums threads (in their entirety) before asking a question.

They must fastidiously follow the forum threads where the alpha testing is being discussed by the authors, and follow precisely any instructions given there.

If you're not prepared to do *all* the above, and do it all in good spirit, then please wait for the public release of the item.

If you are prepared to do *all* the above, then by all means please participate in the alpha testing.

Note that everything above is a function of attitude, not of skill.

-- Rod
    IMHO, you should wait for the public release of whichever overclock kernel you think you need.

No offense.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast