1.    #1  
    Occasionally if I happen to touch my ringer switch the wrong way (not even turning it on/off), it spazzes out by vibrating on/off incredibly fast, and either restarts the phone or the screen image "dissolves away" and then I get a plug icon, having to pull the battery.

What is going on with this phone?

(The interactive test was normal)
    Last edited by octoberorange; 07/16/2010 at 09:50 AM.
    August 2009 - January 2011. Thank god I'm no longer a Pre user!

Sounds like your ringer mute switch is faulty. This has been reported by some users. Return to point of sale for replacement (if still in warranty period).
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    mine did this somewhat. it would just would turn back and fourth on it's own for no reason. it doesn't do it anymore so i guessing that the "repair utility" helped.

do you have your phone overclocked?
  4.    #4  
    haven't had the overclocking kernel installed in a while.

How would I prove this issue to get a replacement? It happens seemingly at random and not that often when I touch the top of my phone (and very rarely on it's own).
    August 2009 - January 2011. Thank god I'm no longer a Pre user!

Quote Originally Posted by octoberorange View Post
    How would I prove this issue to get a replacement? It happens seemingly at random and not that often when I touch the top of my phone (and very rarely on it's own).
    Record a video of it using another device, then show that to your provider.
    My screen went all wonky and would flicker like when tunning in channels on an old tv with a rabbit ear anntena.

It happened intermittently and Sprint/Palm wouldn't do anything about it until they could see it do it. Caught it on video once, showed them and Sprint replaced my Pre.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 07/16/2010 at 03:39 PM.