1.    #1  
    Right guys its been three months, and oh boy have i missed webos! so much i decided to ditch my android handset and delve straight back into the world of the palm pre

Now a few questions, im sur ei could search for the answers but to be honest i am lazy

ok

A: is there a "good" extended battery, one without a new back cover in a normal package size, thats one thing i forgot was how bad my battery life is

B: now that HP have purchased Palm, what are the likely chances or unlikely chances of further good updates in the future?

Many thanks in advance, and congrats to all for providing a much better/friendlier forum than some of the guys do on XDA
    A. Seido makes a good extended battery, I believe you can purchase it in the pre central store. You can also get the larger seido back cover, but you mentioned you didn't want to change out the back cover.

B. Zero news has been givin about a mobile phone in the mix, and if anything updates have been slow to come. HOWEVER; A product road map has been publically mentioned but not detailed on. Updates and new Products are almost 100% sure fire. I wouldn't worry. Palm is staying as Palm, but with the financial backing of a huge corperation that just wants it to do its thing.

Welcome Back.
    Welcome back.

Curiosity begs me to ask.... what Android handset were you using?
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 07/16/2010 at 10:34 AM.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Welcome back.

Curiosity begs me to ask.... what Android handset you were you using?
    Your gonna think im crazy for coming back, i was using the desire, its not being used by the wife after her HTC hero died, it was easier to give her the desire and me go back to running a pre, i always missed the pre, and trying to teach her how to use a new system would take me longer than i care to think about.

To be honest im quite happy, i always thought the desire was missing something, i did some development on roms and anroid just always left me feeling slightly flat.

now im going to try and get my head around webos
    Quote Originally Posted by ascottuk View Post
    Your gonna think im crazy for coming back, i was using the desire, its not being used by the wife after her HTC hero died, it was easier to give her the desire and me go back to running a pre, i always missed the pre, and trying to teach her how to use a new system would take me longer than i care to think about.

To be honest im quite happy, i always thought the desire was missing something, i did some development on roms and anroid just always left me feeling slightly flat.

Good luck. You've found the right place to get help if you need it.
    Again, welcome back.
    welcome back
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    What? No gifts?

Give overclocking a shot. I would say it should be one your first hacks to this phone. It just makes the phone a joy to use.
    Welcome Back to the best OS platform in the mobile market!

Please do give Overclocking a shot.

I dove into it within the first 2 weeks of owning my Pre and NEVER looked back at stock speeds again! Do yourself a favor and go up to 800mHz
    Mobile HotSpot At&t
    A: is there a "good" extended battery, one without a new back cover in a normal package size, thats one thing i forgot was how bad my battery life is
    The Mugen 1400 or the Seidio 1350 are probably your best options. The Seidio is available through the PreCentral.net store, for the Mugen search the forums for the thread on that battery.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Welcome back!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  12.    #12  
    right after numerous hours reading, then setting up homebrew, downloading some lovely apps, i have to say im mightily impressed, whats more so is that i am even more impressed with the fact i got 2xtouchstone charging bases and a back plate, so i have one touchstone charger at work and one at home, all for the measily sum of 30!

i have to say the pre is such a breeze, everything "works" as it should, just going to look into the overlocking side of things, i had my old desire at just over 1100mhz without a hit on battery, im hoping for 600mhz on the pre as a start
  13.    #13  
    right after numerous hours reading, then setting up homebrew, downloading some lovely apps, i have to say im mightily impressed, whats more so is that i am even more impressed with the fact i got 2xtouchstone charging bases and a back plate, so i have one touchstone charger at work and one at home, all for the measily sum of 30!

i have to say the pre is such a breeze, everything "works" as it should, just going to look into the overlocking side of things, i had my old desire at just over 1100mhz without a hit on battery, im hoping for 700mhz on the pre as a start
    Last edited by ascottuk; 07/20/2010 at 04:41 AM.
    welcome back. I know what you mean about android, it just doesn't feel right in my opinion. It does have it's pros, esp hardware, but I'd rather hold out with my pre till it dies. Which it's getting there lol. (cant hear calls from front speaker anymore and must use speakerphone) but man without homebrew... Ouch I just doctored last night and haven't had time to put all the stuff back on and wow... In some cases it's smoother (reason for doctoring was speed issues even with overclocking) but wow it's so bland pages are all messed up in three pages. Scrolling sucks again and there's more lag in general when doing something. Can't wait to put my patches on later and try out f105 thundercheif 1ghz patch later

welcome back and enjoy jasons, webos internals, and all the other awesome devs that make up homebrew's great work! work
    Welcome Back =)