1.    #1  
    Hey Everyone,
    I was a launch user of the Palm Pre on Sprint oh so long ago, and eventually ended up leaving sprint because of the horrid service in my area. I wish I could have stayed with the pre, but never the less I left. I've had a "dumbphone" on verizon for a few months now and I'm thinking of rejoining the Pre faithful and was just wondering if it is a fool's errand because of how long in the tooth the Pre is getting. I loved it a year ago, but I'm worried that it will feel underpowered now. I know ultimately it is my decision but I guess I'm looking for some reassurances that I won't regret it.

Also I'm buying a mint condition one used today for fairly cheap so it isn't a huge investment.

Thanks guys.
    I don't think you will 'regret' any decision you make. The pre is a good phone, I'm still quite happy with mine. But i am really looking forward to the next webos phone. I'm personally going to avoid doing anything that will prevent me from upgrading to the next webos phone when the time comes.
  3.    #3  
    That's why I'm actually thinking of buying a good condition used one for cash, that way if VZW gets the next WebOS offering when my real upgrade is available, I will at least be happy with the Pre until then. I'm thinking I'm going to go for it. Not to mention the marginal "upgrades" of the Pre Plus make it pretty hard to ignore.
    Same I had my Pre for A year and haven't upgraded yet until the new webos come out. Hopefully this year!
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I will probably hold onto my Verizon Pre + until it croaks. I'm very happy with it and have had no issues (knock on wood), plus everything I've invested into it.. it works just how I need it. I have no need to dump it just because a new phone comes out (even though it's ohhh soo new and shiney..).. can you tell I'm slowely talking myself out of my own reasoning? LOL
  6.    #6  
    I had a preorder for the Moto Droid X and had to back out at the last minute because of buyers remorse (not wanting to spend almost 600 bucks on a phone) The pre I'm going to be picking up is only 100 bucks and its in great condition so I think I'm going to jump on it.
    I love my launch day Verizon Pre plus - no hardware issues and patched to the hilt!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by pingpongitore View Post
    That's why I'm actually thinking of buying a good condition used one for cash, that way if VZW gets the next WebOS offering when my real upgrade is available, I will at least be happy with the Pre until then. I'm thinking I'm going to go for it. Not to mention the marginal "upgrades" of the Pre Plus make it pretty hard to ignore.
    Thats not a bad idea, if you shop around you can generally get a good quality preowned one for pretty cheap. Just be sure and do you homework about buying preowned CDMA phones!