Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So it kicked off yesterday, although the leaderboard website (Palm Hot Apps) has not been set up for the PDK promotion yet.

Which apps do you have or are getting? Obv, more will be released in the next week and upcoming ones, but recommend them as you come across them.

Me:

Uno
    Monopoly
    Ancient Frog
    Smiles
    Glyder 2
    Skybox (I think...?)
    Puzzle Kitchen
    Scrabble
    Jump O'Clock

And planning on getting Crusade of Destiny whenever it comes out.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    I have all of the above except Uno and Scrabble - very much looking forward to Crusade of Destiny
    Yea, whenever Crusade of Destiny is coming out, I'm for sure getting it.
    I would like some real apps, not games.
    I hope PDK developers port some of their business and productivity apps to WebOS.
    Those I would buy!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    I would like some real apps, not games.
    Are there any productivity PDK apps yet? I can't think of any.
    I thought I read that the PDK hot apps was pushed back to the 20th? They wanted other develops outside of EA, Gameloft, and Glumobile to have a fair shake at the contest.

With 1.45 opening up PDK apps to more developers it would not be fair to start the contest until 1.45 is available to all (or most)
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by wingsnut25 View Post
    I thought I read that the PDK hot apps was pushed back to the 20th? They wanted other develops outside of EA, Gameloft, and Glumobile to have a fair shake at the contest.

With 1.45 opening up PDK apps to more developers it would not be fair to start the contest until 1.45 is available to all (or most)
    Well, the Hot Apps website says it has already started...
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    I guess I was mistaken....

Sorry if I mislead anyone.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    i want to see LogMeIn and Orb native apps like on the iphone
    Rock Band for WebOS? I want...
    I just hope the PDK hot apps competition successfully lures major players into porting their apps over. I'm pretty comfortable saying the SDK hot apps competition was a failure. I don't want this one to be.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Rock Band for WebOS? I want...
    I'm not sure if you know this but there is Guitar Hero available. Although I'd only recommend it if you're a die hard fan of beat games.

I to am looking forward to some productivity apps.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by 12gage View Post
    i want to see LogMeIn and Orb native apps like on the iphone
    Logmein just came to the app catalog in android. Post on the logmein fourms, there is a palm pre post.

http://community.logmein.com/t5/Misc...ighlight/false
    Last edited by Klownicle; 07/16/2010 at 01:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    It was a huge failure. All that free money and the major developers didn't jump at it. The competition hardly produced anything of quality. The catalog is still filled with mostly homebrew apps with the majority of them being really lame.
    I'm not sure everyone would see it as a failure..especially those that won...
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I'm not sure everyone would see it as a failure..especially those that won...
    Well of course they would but to the rest of us we didn't get anything out of it.
    Assuming you are developer you received tons of people getting your app. If you marketed the app for free I am assuming you really wasn't in the "app making business" for monetary reasons. If your app was a paid app assuming you had a great app you probably received a good portion of downloads which in turn would grant you more money. I can't state one way or another if you would have gotten more downloads because of the program or not because it's impossible to know. BUT I'm sure the half off apps helped that a lot.

Now if you are consumer, I don't see how you can say you didn't get anything out of it unless of course you made the decision to not download any of the apps that was made available, but then again that was your choice and then you would be right and you got nothing out of it.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    It was a huge failure.
    That's hard to prove or disprove, but it is still better than not doing anything at all to entice developers.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    tap tap revolution anyone?!
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Looks like DVide Arts is going to make some apps.

DVide Arts Incorporated - Official Site

Land Of Legend coming in 2010 to Android, Palm, and IOS
    I think we'll know the future of webOS in about a month. If we don't see many big name PDK apps (besides the games of course), it might be a sad future. The PDK apps (well Iphone ports really) I want to see if Koi Pond, the new Audible app (Aweeesome!), Amazon, Kindle, better Google Maps.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast