1.    #1  
    Yeah... I just wanted to thank everyone here that have helped me! I finally jumped on the overclocking bandwagon, and I couldnt be happier. I started with the Max Freq for 600 and the Min for 500. Still not brave enough to go to 800...lol but with time. So far so good, and I'm noticing a lot of difference. Thanks everyone!
    Admiration is the furthest emotion away from understanding.

Lou Holtz loves slurpies!
    Congrats... most won't consider 600 actually 'overclocking', but go at your own pace. I would really suggest running at either 720 or 800 to see the true benefits of the work these guys have done. I ran at 800 for quite a while and, like everyone else, loved it! I stepped up to the 1gig (F105) kernal and have no issues with stability.

If you are using the Uberkernal with the Govnah, try the 'screenstate' setting of 720max and 500min. You will see a huge improvement in speed.
    I plan on doing this after we get 1.4.5, but what is the safe clock speed where I don't have to worry about the Pre heating up? I heard that overclocking pre's that they get hot and I don't want that happening to my lil baby :O
    None of them are safe, per se. Just pick one and watch your temps and any funky WebOS performance issues.
    I've been using F105 for about a month now, no problems.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by Xx Spaced xX View Post
    Yeah... I just wanted to thank everyone here that have helped me! I finally jumped on the overclocking bandwagon, and I couldnt be happier. I started with the Max Freq for 600 and the Min for 500. Still not brave enough to go to 800...lol but with time. So far so good, and I'm noticing a lot of difference. Thanks everyone!
    Welcome to the overclockers world. The difference in speed in anyone of these kernels, aren't really noticeable. However, application does seem to render a little snappier. What you'll be able to see is a better, smoother, performance in scrolling. As you gradually step up in Mhz or Ghz, then the overall performance of the phone increase as well.

Enjoy!
    If my Pre dies, i'll just go get a new one. Obviously, its my fault that im running 1ghz anyways lol. Hopefully the new hardware runs that fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    I plan on doing this after we get 1.4.5, but what is the safe clock speed where I don't have to worry about the Pre heating up? I heard that overclocking pre's that they get hot and I don't want that happening to my lil baby :O
    The temp of your device is a funny thing. I was overclocked at 800 with UK using Govnah's screenstate 500/800. The only heat problem I ever had was in the car using my iGo charger, it would run anywhere between 40 - 50 C. I would just open the slider and hold it up to the A/C vent until it brought the temp down to around 35 C, and it would run just fine then.

I un-overclocked (or would it be underclocked ) a couple weeks ago expecting the 1.4.5 update to be imminent (foolish me ) and have noticed that my temps are EXACTLY THE SAME!

So, while overclocking can heat your device up, it is not necessarily going to do it drastically. Let's face it, people were complaining about the heat of the Pre LONG before there was ever an overclocking solution.
  8.    #8  
    I just switched the Screenstate 500/720. It's feeling great.

And you were right Rush, scrolling is a lot smoother and nice feeling. I overclocked due to the TMC error (with just Pandora and Messaging running), and the fact that sometimes it took my messages forever to load. Having none of those problems as of now.
    Admiration is the furthest emotion away from understanding.

Lou Holtz loves slurpies!
    I've been running 800/500 awhile, but last night got my first reboot loop. Grrrr. Temps weren't hot, though, but maybe something got corrupt earlier and it manifested itself then. It did reboot once, but I had no wireless?? Another reboot then got it looping.

Anyway, I'm staying with 720/500 now. 600 is actually what the processor is designed for, IIRC.

What will REALLY bring the speed improvements that matter (and better battery life, and cooler temperatures) will be with the GPU is implemented for the UI and SDK apps. Once that happens, you probably won't need any type of overclocking at all.
    : (){:|:&};: