Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    One of my colleague arrives at work this morning with an iPad.
    He told us that he has jailbroken it and is able to get all the apps from the app store for free!

As an exemple, he downloaded the new version of "Documents to Go" (iPhone version) in front of us using his iPhone 3GS as a mobile hotspot.

I was quite astonished! How can Apple let people do that? Their business model isn't based on the app store?

Apparently, it has been possible to get paid apps for free for quite some time now! I wasn't aware.

What about the other application stores from Andro´d and webOS? Is there a way of getting paid apps for free?
    Quote Originally Posted by phil71 View Post

What about the other application stores from Andro´d and webOS? Is there a way of getting paid apps for free?
    If there were, it would be against the rules to discuss it on here. Hopefully most would also realise that it's not the way for webOS to catch up in the App Catalog program count
    So lame! Anyway I would love to be able to get Paid Apps and PAY for them but HP Palm is being so restrictive with the App Catalog. HP is global so can't the App Catalog be global too. PLEASE!
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    I'm happy to pay and thus support the people who develop for the device.
    thats horrible. Developers put time and work into developing apps to sell. I hope they fix that PROBLEM. That really sucks for the developers as their losing money..and no there is no way to getting paid apps for free on webos. and there will never be. Pay for your apps, support the developers, its a win win situation
    Quote Originally Posted by phil71 View Post
    One of my colleague arrives at work this morning with an iPad.
    He told us that he has jailbroken it and is able to get all the apps from the app store for free!

As an exemple, he downloaded the new version of "Documents to Go" (iPhone version) in front of us using his iPhone 3GS as a mobile hotspot.

I was quite astonished! How can Apple let people do that? Their business model isn't based on the app store?

Apparently, it has been possible to get paid apps for free for quite some time now! I wasn't aware.

Downloading paid apps for free is theft. Even if it is a lousy app not worth the time it took to download it, let alone money.

Good developers deserve to pay to be paid for their work... the same as you deserve to be paid when you go to work and do your job. Conversely... I firmly believe in "donations" here in the webOS homebrew community as well... if some developer has done something incredible that I benefited from and made my experience that much better, I firmly believe in showing them my support and encouraging them to continue. I only profit from it in the end.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Yea this thread needs to be closed.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    This thread needs to be closed before people get bright ideas.
    This constitutes theft plain and simple. Thread Closed.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/16/2010 at 04:05 AM.
    In before the lock! Yeah, it needs to be locked, if you can't afford the apps, how can you afford the phone?!