Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    So I used WebOS doctor 1.4.5 on Bell Mobility to upgrade my Pre. Everything works well except for the fact that I can't install uberkernel; there's a placemarker for this kernel.

So far my experience with WebOS 1.4.5 is that it sucks. I JUST rebooted my phone, started VisualBoy advance, tried to open up a game, and Luna restarts. It restarts every time I try to play it! Any advice?
    Your title states that you are unsure. lol

Since VisualBoy Advance is based on PDK/SDL elements, it is safe to assume that it is affected by the new jailed features in the 1.4.5 update that Palm implemented. Either the app needs to be updated for 1.4.5, or it could succumb to the /etc/fstab bug.

My bet is to run the Emergency Fstab Fixer in Preware, reboot, and see if VBA works then. If not, then it will need to be updated by the developer.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I thought using the dr to upgrade to 1.4.5 isn't affected.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    thats just the permissions the app writes in fstab if I understand correctly, the bug/glitch is the code it writes isnt compatible.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    Indeed, this is what I thought as well. I will give it a shot though and report back.
    Yeah webosinternals is still working on uberkernal. I don't mind it though, I personally can live without the overclock actually. I even uninstalled the faster animations patch, just so it would feel more natural webos again. My battery lasts way longer now too, at 50% at the end of my work day instead of 30%.

I also noticed visualboy advanced is broken, I don't think fstab or w/e fixes it cause i ran it right after updating and everything else was done and visual boy advance still ran broken then too. I can live with this for now, but I WILL be much happier once the 1.4.5 changes have been adjusted to by all of our developer buddies.
    The water was cold so I came back <3
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bryantdunivan View Post
    thats just the permissions the app writes in fstab if I understand correctly, the bug/glitch is the code it writes isnt compatible.
    What? According to the front page post - http://m.precentral.net/webos-145-bug-3d-gaming-pdk-apps - and the thread linked there, it's only OTA updated 1.4.5s that are affected.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    couldn't find it in preware anyways. Other 3d games (hawx, nfsuc) work just fine. Oh well, guess I'll wait til the devs of my favorite Pre addons update their stuff