1.    #1  
    I've recently noticed that if I have gmail open online, at the same time I have it open on my phone, then the phone mail app gets very laggy and acts like crap!!

I've done this a few times to send a file I could not send from my phone, which I do use for most of my access to this particular gmail account.

It will continue acting badly, even if there is no activity currently taking place in the online account, for instance if I am just sitting on the general inbox page, until I finally close the webpage and then do a Luna restart on my phone.

I've found no other way to resolve this issue. I could even understand if I was trying to access from my phone, while the site was still actively retrieving mail or sending said files, but the problem persists, even with no activity.

Any ideas?
    Interesting, same thing happens to me but it happens when I have a long email chain going. The phone becomes very unresponsive until I close the email app. Sometimes it's so slow, I can't get it to close so I have to pull the battery. It consistently happens and even happened with my last pre. Anyone know if this is a known bug?
    Try deleting the gmail account and recreate it. Let it repopulate and set your settings again. I've had issues with gmail and this has fixed all my issues.
  4.    #4  
    Tonight, I tested a different solution, where I just used Thunderbird to send the file, rather than opening the Gmail webpage. Then it worked fine and didn't act up, at all.

vega29fde, I had it happen regardless of how long the email chain was, it happened when there were just a few quicks ones, as well as when there was a very long chat.

Do you also get the spot where it makes it almost impossible to type? Taking several seconds to render each letter? That is VERY annoying!
    Quote Originally Posted by vega29fde View Post
    Interesting, same thing happens to me but it happens when I have a long email chain going. The phone becomes very unresponsive until I close the email app. Sometimes it's so slow, I can't get it to close so I have to pull the battery. It consistently happens and even happened with my last pre. Anyone know if this is a known bug?
    The long chain of emails is a known bug, even in your gmail on the computer itll take a while to load the messages if you notice but yea the pre gets slowed up loading all the messages in the replied to email so what I do is after I while when I notice it's starting to get laggy I just create a new email to the same person...
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Tonight, I tested a different solution, where I just used Thunderbird to send the file, rather than opening the Gmail webpage. Then it worked fine and didn't act up, at all.

vega29fde, I had it happen regardless of how long the email chain was, it happened when there were just a few quicks ones, as well as when there was a very long chat.

Do you also get the spot where it makes it almost impossible to type? Taking several seconds to render each letter? That is VERY annoying!
    I tested mine out with opening gmail in my browser on my computer while opening the email app and mine works just fine :shrug:
  6.    #6  
    Odd, I never have the problem, regardless of how long the email chain is, whether on the website or using Thunderbird.

I only have an issue if the website and the email on my Pre are open at the same time.