1.    #1  
    OK, sorry folks, this is too good to pass up:

Steve Wozniak on the iPhone 4: “Carry a second Verizon phone for backup.”

Now, to be fair, The Woz did say the Pre should be a backup. But still...
    Steve Wozniak on the iPhone 4: “Carry a second Verizon phone for backup.”

if the woz has any iphone 4 reception issues he calmly switches over to free mobile hotspot on a verizon PP+ lol
    On the one hand, this is good publicity. On the other, it's a little insulting that the Pre plus is only good for the mobile hotspot feature (and a phone in a pinch).
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    On the one hand, this is good publicity. On the other, it's a little insulting that the Pre plus is only good for the mobile hotspot feature (and a phone in a pinch).
    Yeah, but still...
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    He complemented my use of the Pre while taking this picture. This also isn't the first I've heard of him "complementing" the Pre but I can't find sources.

*the pictures been cropped*

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2303416
    Last edited by Honis; 07/15/2010 at 04:43 PM. Reason: more text
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Honis View Post
    He complemented my use of the Pre while taking this picture. This also isn't the first I've heard of him "complementing" the Pre but I can't find sources.

*the pictures been cropped*

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2303416
    You look like father/son
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    You look like father/son
    agreed interesting this steve person says the pre as a backup though. Is it only for the hotspot capability or is it because he likes the pre? I personally would have recommended an android phone. As much as I love my pre, it is outdated now
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetnessinfall View Post
    agreed interesting this steve person says the pre as a backup though. Is it only for the hotspot capability or is it because he likes the pre? I personally would have recommended an android phone. As much as I love my pre, it is outdated now
    Did you really say "this steve person"??? Rhetorical, I mean, of course you did, it's right up there where I quoted you.

A little light reading - for contextual focus...
    Steve Wozniak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    <<merged threads>>
    I love woz. He is the one that once said his solution to multitasking was to carry two iPhones...
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    i thought al gore invented the pc
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    no, he invented the internet and discovered global warming. he also discovered the hanging chad.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    Al Gore invented the internet
    Woz (and a couple other guys) invented the Apple
    Satan invented the PC - trust me, I was there when it happened...
    Pretty funny story that just got tweeted, someone interviewed Woz about the iPhone 4 issues and he tells the kid to buy a Pre on Verizon and let the iPhone connect to the Pre lol.

Apple Co-Founder: Buy a Pre | PalmNewsDaily.com
    Joe Dirt: Well, I see you got those snakes and sparklers. But where's the good stuff man?
    Kicking Wing: Good stuff? This is the good stuff, snakes and sparklers.
    Joe Dirt: Are you nuts dude? You need stuff that'll explode. Go *boom*!
    Kicking Wing: Why is that good?
    Joe Dirt: Well, huh, might as, might as well ask why is a tree good? Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good?
    <another thread merged>
    I like how you need a pre to make the ithing function properly.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    You might need a Pre and a bumper to make the iPhone work properly, but the Pre is so much inferior to the iPhone, there won't be any reason AT ALL to have one anymore when Apple finally makes an iPhone that works. I hear Steve Jobs may give us one next year or the year after, and it'll be revolutionary - it'll JUST WORK!

Until then, it's still the best Phone because People like it and never return it because their neighbor hasn't returned his either, so the problems aren't bad enough to do anything about it. Except buy a Pre to actually work on and complain about.
    I like the idea! I have an extra line on my sprint account that my unappreciative ex had a pixi on which unfortunately she got a crack on it and the touchscreen doesn't work anymore. Dam relationships. So I put my old q9c on it and I'll just use it to tether to my laptop 'til the contract's up. Cheaper than one of those mobile hotspot things.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    You look like father/son
    Not surprisingly, software/computer engineers look very similar. You could say the same thing about several people throughout my office.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3