Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I suddenly lost my 'net connection (EVDO) through sprint. I can't get it to come back...anyone else suddenly lose their connection?

I've tried rebooting, toggling airplane mode, and toggling data usage in the preferences; nothing is working.

any ideas?
    Happened to me a few times today but it has come back within a minute or so.
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Pre -> Pixi -> Sprint Pixi Plus Hybrid -> Pre -> Epic 4G
    Sounds like it might be an issue with Sprint - or your radio has gone out. Do you have access to another phone to call Sprint support?
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    It's most likely Sprint. Network outages happen all the time, with Sprint they seem to happen the least. AT&T and BB internet get it at least once a quarter... They only last a few hours, so no biggie
    I've noticed that happening more and more. I listen to internet radio using the Broadcast Radio app on the way to work and I can't seem to keep a constant stream going. It may be that they are working on the 4G roll out in your area, the new EVO is sucking more bandwidth through their network, or you have a problem with your phone. Interestingly, I have noticed that I get better coverage with the UberKernel than the F105 kernal - but that may be because the F105 automatically goes to 500Mhz while on the touchstone. One other idea that fixed a similar issue on a coworker's phone: go to the Phone App ->Preferences->tap "Update Network Settings".
    Happened to me as well, was just Sprint, took a couple hours to come back, I wouldn't freak out too much.
    Yikes! Does that happen often on Sprint? I was with Sprint from last fall through April of this year and never had anything like that happen.
    OP, it could just be something wrong with the cell-site near you.

Try driving a few miles away and see if you get evdo back.
    You're holding your phone wrong.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    no it happened to me a few times today too. A message I have never seen before. But it did come back right away and has been fine.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    A message like this?

(Been getting it off/on for a few days. Not always using MHS though..)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Everybody wants some!..
    Quote Originally Posted by Splitbiker View Post
    I've noticed that happening more and more. I listen to internet radio using the Broadcast Radio app on the way to work and I can't seem to keep a constant stream going. It may be that they are working on the 4G roll out in your area, the new EVO is sucking more bandwidth through their network, or you have a problem with your phone. Interestingly, I have noticed that I get better coverage with the UberKernel than the F105 kernal - but that may be because the F105 automatically goes to 500Mhz while on the touchstone. One other idea that fixed a similar issue on a coworker's phone: go to the Phone App ->Preferences->tap "Update Network Settings".
    Yea, it was probably me driving, streaming music on My Evo.... Seriously, today Sprint had some interruptions, I was loosing signals in places where the signal was always good
    My phone recently has been going to "phone offline" i have to do a battery pull for it to get evdo again. Sometimes even when I have evdo I cant do anything data intensive so I think my radio is taking a dump as well
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    had the same problem yesterday between 9am and about 10:30am yesterday.
    sprints has a great network here, i actually see alot of pres in the wild.
    I just had the problem today. Only difference was I was downloading a file using the Mobile Hotspot App (yes, through sprint), and I suddenly just lost connection. It hasn't come back at all, and I've never had this problem. Had my phone for a year now. It's on 1.4.5 btw.

Thought maybe Sprint has a new way to track my Hotspot usage and just cancelled my EVDO.... :-(

I doubt that, but....
    Try updating your network settings. If that doesn't help, and you have your MSL code, you can do a data reset, which has fixed the issue for me in the past.
    I am having this issue with the EVDO signal from Sprint--when I wake my phone, the phone shows full bars but there is no signal or EVDO reception from Sprint. Sometimes it takes a few minutes for the signal to appear. It's never done this before. Airplane mode on and off doesn't help. Device restart does but that takes a few minutes then it happens again when the phone goes to sleep and I wake it. Anyone else experiencing this issue? Is it just my phone or does this have to do with the new update?

Thanks in advance!
    Ouch...I have nothing going on even remotely like that. Perhaps your having some hardware related radio issues....or maybe it's software related and could be fixed by a trip to the Doctor?

Try an on-line chat with Sprint/Palm and see what they have to contribute. Report back with your findings/solutions.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Sprint's Data network went down last night, during the early hours, (Pacific) however it did come back up after a few hours. Nothing to panic over, it only affected certain areas and didn't last long. If you aren't sure what's going on, just call your cellular provider to find out.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    <thread merged with on-going discussion>
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast