1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

I just called Verizon today and they told me I am eligible for an upgrade and have decided on buying the pre plus. This will be my first webOS phone and an really excited! Before I take the plunge I started thinking since HP now owns palm that maybe I should save my upgrade for a possible new palm device and just buy a pre + from craigslist?
    That might not be a bad idea. I am guessing a new Palm device is coming in the very first part of next year. They (HP) will have had the usual smartphone development time-frame of 6-8 months since the Palm purchase to work on a new model. And I imagine WebOS v2 would be unveiled with it (or, this fall when the WebOS tablet is released). So if you can find a good deal on CL and don't mind buying used, that would work in your favor.
    Last edited by pre-fan; 07/15/2010 at 01:03 PM. Reason: fixing spelling
    Def save the upgrade for a new device. You'll pay $50 for a new one under contract with Verizon, but you can find a like-new one on the forums and such for around $150...a little more if they throw in touchstones, extra batteries, cases, and what not.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Def save the upgrade for a new device. You'll pay $50 for a new one under contract with Verizon, but you can find a like-new one on the forums and such for around $150...a little more if they throw in touchstones, extra batteries, cases, and what not.
    The Pre Plus is free with Verizon right now.
  5.    #5  
    Ok guys thanks, I will go and check out craigslist for any good deals on pre's, and if i cant find any good deals I'll just buy from Verizon and when a new phone comes out I can just take my moms upgrade since she does not care about phones
    Quote Originally Posted by rhinoishere View Post
    The Pre Plus is free with Verizon right now.
    Says who? I just ordered one Tuesday @ $50.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Plan on buying more? Build quality of Pre+es is quite decent
    Lol thats not what I meant. what I should have said was my first palm device.
    I can validate the free phone offering... I just got mine today for free from ATT but I think it was offered by the other providers too. Also included for free was a car charger, BT headset, and leather case. The offer is from HP and then they validate your eligibility... can't beat that deal!! Just have to opt into the 2 yr plan..
    Wow....wish I had known about that!
    Do yourself a favor, put down the Pre and walk away slowly....very, very slowly.
    All jokes aside, even though I'm very happy with Sprint, I have to admit that Verizon has the hands down best selection of phones of ANY carrier. They have 5 or 6 devices that are much, much better that the Pre Plus. Take a good hard look at those other devices, because 6 months from now, you're gonna wish you had chosen one of them.
    The Saint