1.    #1  
    Is there a way to save linked profiles so they can be restored after a doctoring or update?
    No... for accounts that you have manually linked, there is no way to save this linking...

I have done a few extracts from the PalmDatabase.db3 file that have helped me to ID where I have these linked contacts, so its easier to redo them. I will try to right up an explanation of this in the new few days
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    I'm extremely puzzled here. What accounts do you mean?
    Let's say you have Palm Profile, Facebook, and LinkedIn all as Contact Accounts.

Take a look at the following contacts
    Palm Profile:
    Name: Jon Doe
    Phone: 123-555-1234

Facebook:
    Name: Jonathon Doe
    Email: jon.doe@test.com

LinkedIn:
    Name: Jon Jacob Doe
    Email: jon.doe@yahoo.com

technically, these contacts are all the same people, but there is no single piece of info that will automatically link these contacts. So, you have to manually go into the contact and manually link it. Unfortunately, when you erase the accounts or doctor the phone, these 3 will NOT get re-linked as a single account. I have manually linked A LOT of contacts, so I would need to go back and re-link those after a doctor.

make sense now?
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    make sense now?
    Yes, thanks. I had forgotten about that. Years of coding made me one consistent mf so I don't get this problem.
    On this thread and others, I have noticed a bit bit of discussion recently about manually re-linking accounts after a phone swap or webOS Doctor. Save/Restore will NOT be able to redo these manually links, and I can not really talk to if Pre Backup Utility can do this or not. Unfortunately, there is no other systematic way that I know how to relink these accounts, but I do have a way for you to at least determine WHERE you had linked contacts to help you re-link them in the future. this is going to be a very BASIC version here, and I will try to bring in a much more detailed walkthru to also help ID where re-links did NOT happen again.

Programs you will need:

Before Doctoring or swapping your phone, follow these directions. Then, afterward, follow these directions AGAIN.. more on what to do at the bottom:

1. Either (1) use the "Receive File" option in webOS Quick Install or the "copy file" option in Internalz to get your /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 file off your device.
    2. Using SQLite, open up the PalmDatabase.db3 file
    3. Export the com_palm_pim_Contact table to a CSV. Using SQLite, you do this by choosing File - Export - Table as CSV file and select the com_palm_pim_Contact table
    4. Open up that CSV file in Excel. There is some cleanup you need to do to fix some formatting issues. Basically, highlight columns AF (com_palm_pim_Person_id) and column AI (id), do a FORMAT - Cells, and under the Number tab, choose "Number" and 0 Decimal places
    5. Sort the entire table, based on column AF (com_palm_pim_Person_id) and then column AI (id).
    6. At this point, I am going to make a simple change to the table, so i hope i don't lose anyone. Basically, insert a column at column A and name this "Linked Contact?". You should notice that those 2 fields mentioned above should now be shifted by one, so "com_palm_pim_Person_id" is now Column AG and "id" is now column AJ

--Side Note: Explanation of those 2 fields mentioned above, plus one other field:
    id = UNQIUE key id for each row on the spreadsheet. No 2 rows should have an identical number here
    com_palm_pim_Person_id = The ID number of the "linked profile", so any contact with more than one profile will have the same number in this field. Note, if you open up the "com_palm_pim_Person" table from the palmdatabase file, this would match to the "id" field in THAT table
    syncSource (originally Column Z, not Column AA after the row insert above) = This is the account (e.g. Palm Profile, Facebook, Yahoo, etc) that contact is tied to. Note that "local" = Palm Profile

7. enter this formula into cell A2:
    Code:
    =IF(OR(AG2=AG1,AG2=AG3),"LINKED","NOT LINKED")
    and the copy that formula down to Column A . This checks to see if the "com_palm_pim_Person" id is the same as the record ABOVE or BELOW that record (i.e. it is part of a linked profile)
    8. Highlight Column A, Copy, then select "Edit - Paste Special - Paste as Values"
    9. Sort the entire table, but now by "Linked Contact" (Column A), "com_palm_pim_Person_id" (Column AG) and "id" (column AJ)
    10. To make things easier, you can also want to hide a bunch of columns...i would suggest columns G (prefix) thru Column Z (imAvailability), Columns AB (syncId) thru AF (flags) and Columns AH (com_palm_accounts_ActiveRecordFolder_id) and AI (isPrimary)

So, now that you have a file that lists all your linked contacts. save and close the file. After a doctor, add back all your accounts and then repeat the steps above. For now, you will need to manually try to go through and figure out which contacts did not automatically re-link and manually link them. When you are all done, your file should be similar before vs after the doctor.

However, a few final comments:
    1) unfortunately, since the sorting is done based on these ID fields (which will change after a doctor), the order of the contacts may not be the same...so, it may be a bit manual to figure out who is linked and where.
    2) Because of #1, this is why save/restore can't just re-link contacts...the ID numbers change and save/restore would not know how to account for that
    3) I am working on a more advanced walkthru that will add some more formulas and maybe even other tables that will actually be able to tell you WHICH contacts did not link, to make this process easier. However, that is going to be a few days off, at a minimum...

Also, for an easy way to backup your PalmDatabase.db3 file, I have created a script that backs this (plus a few other things) up. Right now, I am still trying to get some feedback on that script so it will NOT be pushed to the app, but you can add it yourself. Here is the link to that thread: http://forums.precentral.net/2548625-post534.html ... to manually add scripts, check out this post: http://forums.precentral.net/2555915-post651.html

So, let me know if you have any feedback on this, if I made it too complicated, or if anyone knows of a better way... I tried to do this so that ANYONE can follow along and didn't need to know a lot of advanced coding knowledge. if you have any better ideas, let me know!

Like any of my work: