1. o14
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    The only uninstallation instructions for UberKernel I can see are to uninstall in Preware. Although I have UberKernel installed, it's not showing up in my Installed Packages in Preware nor is there an icon anymore on the launcher pages. I've searched the forums before posting this, and I did find 2 people asking the question, neither of their questions were answered though.

So could anybody help me with uninstalling UberKernel? I'm trying to update to 1.4.5 on Bell on my Pre.
    I beleive the only way to install it is through preware so it should be listed. Unless its not Uber-Kernel that you have installed and its another kernel replacement. You may need to Doctor your phone.
    I am no longer a part of the Pre Central Community.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmkjmk View Post
    The only uninstallation instructions for UberKernel I can see are to uninstall in Preware. Although I have UberKernel installed, it's not showing up in my Installed Packages in Preware nor is there an icon anymore on the launcher pages. I've searched the forums before posting this, and I did find 2 people asking the question, neither of their questions were answered though.

So could anybody help me with uninstalling UberKernel? I'm trying to update to 1.4.5 on Bell on my Pre.
    Are you looking in your installed packages list or your saved package list?
    How long ago did you install uberkernel? And were you able to overclock through govnah?
    And Preware is the correct way to uninstall the webos-internals kernels.
    Make sure you have the webos kernels feed turned to on (ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-kernels/1.4.1.1), if it's not on, then turn it on and tap update. If you don't have it, then add it as a new feed.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  5. o14
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Installed Packages List...although it's not in the saved package list either.
    A while ago, I can't remember when actually but months...and yes I've been overclocking through govnah since then.
  6. o14
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Make sure you have the webos kernels feed turned to on (ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-kernels/1.4.1.1), if it's not on, then turn it on and tap update. If you don't have it, then add it as a new feed.
    I have that... It says 1.4.1 though without the the second .1
    Installed Packages List...although it's not in the saved package list either.
    A while ago, I can't remember when actually but months...and yes I've been overclocking through govnah since then.
    Can you still overclock it now at this moment?
    Have you got the uberkernel icon on your Pre's launcher?
    I had a similar problem. Patch installed by not showing correctly on the Saved Package list. I was able to install the standard kernel and then reinstall UK so that it now shows up correctly in the Saved Package list.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  9. o14
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Can you still overclock it now at this moment?
    Have you got the uberkernel icon on your Pre's launcher?
    Yes I can overclock it, and no it isn't on the launcher.
    If you upgraded to 1.4.5 as I have, Uberkernal no longer shows in the launcher as it is not compatible with the upgrade. This also prevents you from overclocking.. If I would have known ahead of time I would not have upgraded.

You can still find the app and its installation status in Preware if you search the word Uber from the main screen. In my case its installed but its now just a dummy package containing nothing that will notify me once the upgrade is available.
  11. o14
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micahdear View Post
    If you upgraded to 1.4.5 as I have, Uberkernal no longer shows in the launcher as it is not compatible with the upgrade. This also prevents you from overclocking.. If I would have known ahead of time I would not have upgraded.

You can still find the app and its installation status in Preware if you search the word Uber from the main screen. In my case its installed but its now just a dummy package containing nothing that will notify me once the upgrade is available.
    No, I haven't updated to 1.4.5 yet. Uberkernel is on my preware, but as an available package even though it is installed and functional.
    Yes I can overclock it, and no it isn't on the launcher.
    Overclock to 800mhz, close govnah, then go to command line and type ' cat /proc/cpuinfo/ ' what frequency does it say your running at?
    I suspect you have removed it already sometime.
    But if you want to be sure then you can just install the palm recovery kernel from preware as a last resort before the update.
  13. o14
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Overclock to 800mhz, close govnah, then go to command line and type ' cat /proc/cpuinfo/ ' what frequency does it say your running at?
    I suspect you have removed it already sometime.
    But if you want to be sure then you can just install the palm recovery kernel from preware as a last resort before the update.
    BogoMIPS : 796.91
  14. o14
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I just used the Palm Recovery Kernel to uninstall it. Thanks to all for your help! Greatly appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by micahdear View Post
    It has been reported multiple times in the lead up to 1.4.5 in the official UberKernel thread here on PreCentral, and on the @webosinternals twitter feed (which you can get by RSS if you don't do twitter).

Which other information conduits would have got the information to you better?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It has been reported multiple times in the lead up to 1.4.5 in the official UberKernel thread here on PreCentral, and on the @webosinternals twitter feed (which you can get by RSS if you don't do twitter).

-- Rod
    you could have went on oprah and announced it
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    you could have went on oprah and announced it
    She wouldn't spring for the airfare from Australia.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    I always thought she was cheap!
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    Does raise the question, though...now that the update is available in some areas, do you have any guess as to when a compatible upgrade for UberKernel might be available? That could help some people determine if they wanted to block the update....
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Does raise the question, though...now that the update is available in some areas, do you have any guess as to when a compatible upgrade for UberKernel might be available? That could help some people determine if they wanted to block the update....
    Within 24 hours of Palm releasing the 1.4.5 kernel source code on http://opensource.palm.com/

There's a contact address there where you an send polite requests for such ...

-- Rod