Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    First, a little history. Back when the Pre launched i did a test drive on Sprint with it and created a palm profile. I am a Verizon user. Long story short i ended up returning it and sticking with VZW. Fast forward to a few weeks ago.

I bought a brand new Pre Plus (Verizon) off eBay. The person i bought it from took it out of the box and activated it because they were forced to in store. When i received it, it started and booted into WebOS and all i had to do was a *228 and activate it on my line. This all worked fine and I have been using it for a while now without problems. Then yesterday i tried to buy an application from the app catalog. i was prompted for my palm profile password and i entered it. I was told that the password was incorrect. So i reset my password and tried again. Still incorrect. This got me thinking...I never set the phone up with my palm profile. So i go on Palm's online chat and give them my serial number. They tell me this device is still associated with the previous owners palm profile.

Can anyone tell me how to associate this phone with my palm profile?
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    If you doctor the phone, it will give you an opportunity to sign into your profile.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
    easier than that, do an app and data erase from the device info reset options. It will allow you to reload your profile.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    cas esq, What do you mean doctor it? Run webOS doctor on it?

pastor, Is there any way to do it without erasing all my apps and data? Also, if i do the erase of apps and data, will i lose all my patches and everything. I have a ton of stuff done to this phone that i would prefer to not have to redo.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Another thing i would like to point out is that since the wrong profile is associated, I wont be able to restore all my settings since right now, the backup app is backing up to an account that's not mine. For this reason, i disabled backup. Therefore, doing a reset would basically be starting over and i would have to do EVERYTHING again, right?
    No, you can however create a saved package list in Preware, then back it all up using Save/Restore. Then connect via USB and copy the save/restore directory and any other folders with music, data, pics you want to keep. Any app catalog apps will be lost as they are attached to the Palm Profile. You should also make sure you install the send all contacts via email patch because those are also attached to the profile. Import them into a google account to link after the profile restore. Notes, sms history and call logs will be lost too. There are ways to restore but they are risky.
    when your restore is done you can post here or pm me and I will walk you through getting everything I described above back in place.
    Find the patch that unhides the Firstuse app.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Jakeeeee, I installed the unhide first use patch. Then ?
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I ran the first use app, but all i get is a blue clouded screen in the app. it doesn't do anything. I am trying to avoid pastor's method because i have a lot of apps/patches that wont be restored that i don't want to have to redo.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhee43 View Post
    Jakeeeee, I installed the unhide first use patch. Then ?
    Use the app.

Or as tomi666 said, doctor/full erase it. It's always fun to start over.
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    why won't your patches restore? You can get all of them back easily with the saved package list.
    +1
    LOL...
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Exactly, and reinstalling 30+ patches takes less time than going on about how you don't want to do it for another 30+ posts...
    No need to be a **** about it. I am not going on for 30 posts. Someone suggested something that didn't involve doing an erase so i thought i would give it a shot. If my only choice is to do an erase, I'd like to learn how to back up as much as possible since my palm profile doesn't work. Plus its not just the patches. Its all my notes, my email accounts, contacts and so on.

So went into preware and updated and wrote my saved package list. Can i back this up manually, or should i do it with save/restore?

Also, pastor, i'd really like to backup my SMS threads. I know you said it is risky, but can you help me out?
    You can restore e-mail accounts in like 5 seconds just by typing in the info, and all contacts are linked to your Palm profile, or I guess his.
    No need to be a **** about it. I am not going on for 30 posts. Someone suggested something that didn't involve doing an erase so i thought i would give it a shot. If my only choice is to do an erase, I'd like to learn how to back up as much as possible since my palm profile doesn't work. Plus its not just the patches. Its all my notes, my email accounts, contacts and so on.

So went into preware and updated and wrote my saved package list. Can i back this up manually, or should i do it with save/restore?

Also, pastor, i'd really like to backup my SMS threads. I know you said it is risky, but can you help me out?
    I don't think he was being rude. It just happens alot that trying to find a quicker way takes more time and help than just doing it the most thorough way the first time.

I would definitely use Save/Restore as it will save data for some of the apps you may have installed and it also saves your launcher and preware feed settings.

Looks like Tomi gave you the link to the sms backup thing. Just read it all very carefully or you will be doing this all again.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Rich, where in Europe are you going to be for a month?
    PM sent.
    I ran the first use app, but all i get is a blue clouded screen in the app. it doesn't do anything.
    Out of curiosity and in case I ever need this in the future, I too installed the 'First Use' app and I too am only getting the 'blue cloudy sky' screen with no options to actually do anything. Even if only for academic reasons, why won't the app work on our phones?

Relevant information:
    AT&T Palm Pre +
    First time activated/profile created with a AT&T SIM card.
    Unlocked using a T-Mobile 'inactived' SIM (SIM 'unlock code' provided by AT&T).
    Using with a Vodafone SIM in India.
    *WARNING*
    DO NOT. I REPEAT DO NOT INSTALL THE 'FIRST USE' App
    Unless you have a full backup of your phone first and or if you need to login with a different profile anyhow.

As stated in my previous I installed the 'First Use' app and upon clicking it all I got was a 'blue cloudy sky' screen with no options to actually do anything. But then a little while later, I suddenly got a message that the phone was no longer logged into my palm profile and that I needed to restart the phone. I did so, but after restarting it again gave me no option but to either delete all apps etc. or restart the phone. This time after restarting, the first time login screen appeared. I had to input my profile 'email id' and 'password' and then the phone said it would restore my phone from the backup. All my call logs, text messages/SMSs, settings etc. gone.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 07/15/2010 at 07:19 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast