Global Posts
    1,344 Global Posts
    So last night I was browsing facebook and seen a couple blank status updates with comments and people liking the status update. So I got on my computer to see that they posted pictures. Now I am no longer able to see any kind of picture that are in the timeline but videos I am able to see. I have a Pre+ on vzw and my Wife has a Pixi+ and she has the same issue, but my father-in-law has a Pre from Sprint with no issue.

I was using the beta and though maybe that was the issue but my Wife's Pixi has the official release from the app catolog. I wiped my phone clean and started from out of the box settings and still have the issue. So my question is, anyone else having this issue?
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I've been noticing the blank updates as well. Could it be linked to the "too large to display" bug?
    Every time I try to open a photo on the Facebook beta app I get an "unable to open photo" error. I think it's a Facebook API issue, but I'm not sure. I am currently undergoing a visit to the doctor and I'm gonna try the non-beta version when I'm up and running. I'll let you know if that goes better.

BTDubs: Nice handle :P
    Global Posts
    1,344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ecoleye View Post
    I've been noticing the blank updates as well. Could it be linked to the "too large to display" bug?
    Not sure. I was getting that with the beta when I was in a photo album and tried to look at a picture but I was always able to see the thumb nail in the timeline. I also took some random pictures and uploaded them and I was getting the blank update, so I turned on my Moto Droid and went into facebook and was able to see the pictures in the time line just fine.

So it makes me wonder if its an webOS api issue... but its only hitting certain people?
    Global Posts
    1,344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by K4p741nkrunch View Post
    Every time I try to open a photo on the Facebook beta app I get an "unable to open photo" error. I think it's a Facebook API issue, but I'm not sure. I am currently undergoing a visit to the doctor and I'm gonna try the non-beta version when I'm up and running. I'll let you know if that goes better.

BTDubs: Nice handle :P
    Yes please let us know if that fixes it. Thats the only thing I haven't done yet.
    i have seen blank updates and have not been able to open pics in weeks. always, "unable to open photo."
    Global Posts
    1,344 Global Posts
    I'm really hoping that this is fixed, the only work around I have found was going to m.facebook.com and looking at the picture and then going back to the app. :/
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Agreed, they need to fix these picture issues. The FB app's UI works great for Pics but we cant select them. And Yes I have noticed that pictures are not showing up on the news feed. An update is needed.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I'm having the same issue. I can go into the friends profile and the pics and see them, but on their status, it's blank. Hope it gets fixed soon cause I'm tired of seeing blank updates from people.
    I practically still can taste the tongue depressor from my doctor visit and with a fresh 1.2.1 install of Facebook I still cannot open photos. I've tried leaving the photo app open, attempting to view photos from both profiles and notifications, and uninstalling and installing both beta and final versions. Still nothing. It simply must be a syntax error in the code.
    I've noticed the pictures not loading as well in the news feed last few days. It's annoying. Sure hope that gets fixed in this new landscape version they are touting is nearly upon us.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    same here sprint pre, thought it may be related to overclocking with f105 but I'm sure not everyone above has done this
    Noticed it today also. It was working before.
    Sometime you are the ball; sometimes you are the pins.
    Global Posts
    1,344 Global Posts
    OK, seems like everything is working now. Every time I went into facebook (Beta and Official) it wasn't updating saying the last post was (in my case) 10hrs ago. Checked again 5 minutes ago and sure enough everything is back to normal with pictures showing and no more errors.

So it looks like everything is OK for now....