Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    During a phone conversation with VZW support I asked directly if the phone side had a data limit to which they responded no, the phone side is unlimited data.
    The mobile hotspot however is limited to 5GB/month.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrePlus79 View Post
    During a phone conversation with VZW support I asked directly if the phone side had a data limit to which they responded no, the phone side is unlimited data.
    The mobile hotspot however is limited to 5GB/month.
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This is exactly what I was hoping to hear confirmed by another.

So, maybe you can help me out with this final question: if I remove the VZW Mobile Hotspot and install My Tether - does the data transfer used by my Macbook over the My Tether link count under the 5 GB Mobile Hotspot limit, or under the unlimited phone data usage?
    Quote Originally Posted by pre-fan View Post
    That's what I'd like to know. I'm confused now, can someone answer this for me:

1. My VZW Palm Pre Plus has unlimited data on the phone side
    2. Mobile Hot spot from VZW has a 5 GB monthly data transfer limit
    so...
    3. MyTether would have a ______ monthly data transfer limit?

I'm curious about point 3.
    MyTether registers as phone data rather than hotspot usage. I can confirm this because I was using MyTether until I was informed that the hotspot was free. There are two locations on the vzw website that show you your data usage ...

Domestic Data Used
    Monthly Allowance: Unlimited

and

Domestic Mobile Broadband Connect
    Data Used

The first is the data as used by the phone, while the 2nd is the data as used my the hotspot. MyTether registers in the first category. So the answer to question 3. is unlimited.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12