Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by lenmac08 View Post
    this is great but I've been using this method for a while so it must have been mentioned somewhere because I am certainly not Pre cutting edge. See #13 at below link...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...shortcuts.html
    Thanks. I also didn't know about #11.
    Quote Originally Posted by Staedtler View Post
    Hold Orange/Silver, then gesture right or left on the screen itself (not in the gesture area!). It's pretty finicky, but as you move your finger right or left, the cursor will move as well. Also, don't place your finger on the text field itself; that will work, but you'll just cover up the text area and you won't be able to see where the cursor is.

Similarly: hold Shift and do the same thing to highlight text in an entry box. Use the technique above to place the cursor, then hold Shift and move your finger to extend the highlight in either direction.
    Awesome! Good tips. I tried your advice using a 'gesture' move and was agreeing with you that it was pretty finicky. Using a 'drag' move works very well for me though. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Hold the shift key as you hit backspace and it should work.
    Yep, holding the shift key while hitting backspace deletes a word for me too. Strange that I see different behavior when I set the caps lock on and hit the backspace though...

Who knows, still a cool find!
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Yep, holding the shift key while hitting backspace deletes a word for me too. Strange that I see different behavior when I set the caps lock on and hit the backspace though...

Who knows, still a cool find!
    Just checked... I guess I was holding the key down and not realizing it because as you stated, caps lock doesn't do it. I was texting in a hurry so that could have very easily been the case.

And based on a couple of other posts it isn't really a find. Just a lucky re-discovery for me.
    Yes, it's a native feature.
    I thought it was alot more well-known.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post

Are there any unpatched users out there who can check this out and report back?
    Just did a hard reset on my son's Pre, no patches, works like a charm.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I swear I had read every trick, tip, advice, blog etc on this phone and I missed both the cursor drag and the delete a word. Thanks!
    Yes, this feature has been around since the Treo days. Use it a lot.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Yes, it's a native feature.
    I thought it was alot more well-known.
    Actually, I just discoverd this. There is so much to learn from this phone. :-)
    I did this on accident, but I never figured out how to do it.

Thank you<3.
    I think this one was in the Palm User Manual that came with the phone, but since most ppl don't read such things, I'm sure it is new to a good number of ppl!
    I've known about this for a while too. What I'd LOVE to see is an orange/gray + backspace or gesture + backspace working as a DELETE key!

I never seem to get the cursor exactly where I want it, so having the ability to both backspace AND delete would be awesome!

Karla
    Great catch, thanks!
    dk
  14. kbo
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Works for me. Thanks
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12