Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Hey Guys. I am likely going to doctor my Pre given this latest firmware upgrade but I want to go back to overclocking. I see there's this uberkernel out, and then I thought I remember reading about the development of another that had the phone at 1ghz.

Does anyone know what to go with and how? Is the 1ghz one fully baked yet?

I appreciate any insight.

TJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor e View Post
    Hey Guys. I am likely going to doctor my Pre given this latest firmware upgrade but I want to go back to overclocking. I see there's this uberkernel out, and then I thought I remember reading about the development of another that had the phone at 1ghz.

TJ
    The public release of Uberkernel is very stable and should be used with Govnah to set the profile to your liking. Both available in Preware without adding any custom feeds.

There are other kernels being tested that do run at 1GHz and as lessons are learned from those any features that can safely be integrated into Uberkernel will be. If you like stability then these are not for you. Some are running them with great success and others have issues. Whether those issues are related or not you have to be willing to Dr. in an instant and try again to see if the issues are repeatable. So if you don't have the time or know how for that then stay far far away from the testing kernels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor e View Post

TJ
    If it were fully baked, don't you think it would be in Uber Kernel?

webOS Internals intends to put the 1GHz modifications to the Kernel into Uber Kernel (last I read anyhow) when it is as good as it'll get.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup