Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Palm webOS 1.4.5 is now available. It is about 9MB.

I don't have 3g or wifi where I am right now, will post screen shot soon from the update app.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by OverlordsComing; 07/14/2010 at 07:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordsComing View Post
    Palm webOS 1.4.5 is now available. It is about 9MB.

I don't have 3g or wifi where I am right now, will post screen shot soon from the update app.
    Confirmed. I will be updating now!
    Yep, dowloooaaadddiing nooowwww really slowly lol!
    Gotta be the slowest 9Mb I have ever downloaded!
    Unpacking now!
  6.    #6  
    I'm having the worst luck on this update, not only can I not get a 3G signal... but when the download got to about half way, my battery suddenly dropped from 45% to 0% and the update app started 'Checking for update' again. So have to start all over again. SIGH.
  7. OrR
    So, anyone checked if the bug is fixed in this update?
    I've created an "Emergency Fstab Fixer" package which corrects this problem in the /etc/fstab file to make an OTA-updated webOS 1.4.5 device be the same as a webOS Doctored webOS 1.4.5 device

http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-..._1.0.0_all.ipk

It should be installable with Preware 1.1.x (look in the testing feed), Preware 1.2.0 (using the new Install Package functionality to install it directly from that URL), or palm-install.

It has safeguards to ensure it will only do things on webOS 1.4.5 and not any later version (like 1.4.5.1 etc).

"Install this package on your webOS device immediately after updating to webOS 1.4.5 to fix a Palm OTA bug in the /etc/fstab file. See http://developer.palm.com/distributi...hp?f=70&t=7942 and http://developer.palm.com/distributi...hp?f=70&t=8109 for more details about the bug. This fix is only required when you OTA update to webOS 1.4.5 - if you use the webOS Doctor to install webOS 1.4.5 you are not affected."

The official thread for EFF is at http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2556103

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 07/15/2010 at 01:21 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Seeing as I have no way of installing paid applications on my pre at the moment (first time activation outside of an official country), will this affect me in any way? Or am I better off waiting for the next webOS-OTA-update wich will most likely fix the issue anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterbay View Post
    Seeing as I have no way of installing paid applications on my pre at the moment (first time activation outside of an official country), will this affect me in any way? Or am I better off waiting for the next webOS-OTA-update wich will most likely fix the issue anyway?
    It's also required for homebrew apps like Navit and possibly wIRC DCC file transfers.

-- Rod
    So, my update has finally finished installing (took nearly 2 hours to download. unpack and install).

Now I see a screen saying "The system update Palm webOS 1.4.5 was sucessfully installed..." followed by "What's new in Palm webOS 1.4.1" extolling the virtues of paid apps!

Anyone else seeing this?

Cockup with the update? O2 problem? I'm the only one?
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    So, my update has finally finished installing (took nearly 2 hours to download. unpack and install).

Now I see a screen saying "The system update Palm webOS 1.4.5 was sucessfully installed..." followed by "What's new in Palm webOS 1.4.1" extolling the virtues of paid apps!

Anyone else seeing this?

lol o2 and cockup...does that surprise you at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post

Anyone else seeing this?

All mine is saying is that the phone is up to date in small font at the top and the rest is blank. Can everyone post what it is saying after updating to 1.4.5, i want to see if anyone has the shortlog for 1.4.5
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    My update seems to have gone well, no Uber Kernal anymore but I guess that will come with time.

The only thing I cant update is the SMS Tone Per Contact Patch, preware log;

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-sms-tone-per-contact.prerm 2>&1
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/filepicker-behaviors.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html.rej

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rob
    I've got the small font saying up to date.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    I guess, Jon forgot to release it to the US carriers haha... silly Jonny

PS Im on Sprint and waiting too
    Cingular 3125 --> Samsung Instink! --> Palm Pre --> ???
    Quote Originally Posted by robdos View Post
    My update seems to have gone well, no Uber Kernal anymore but I guess that will come with time.

The only thing I cant update is the SMS Tone Per Contact Patch, preware log;

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-sms-tone-per-contact.prerm 2>&1
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/filepicker-behaviors.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html.rej

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rob
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ta-update.html

You might want to follow the @webosinternals twitter account or RSS feeds to see such messages in the future.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

You might want to follow the @webosinternals twitter account or RSS feeds to see such messages in the future.

-- Rod
    Ah heck, thanks Rod, I'll do that now!
    It's also required for homebrew apps like Navit and possibly wIRC DCC file transfers.

-- Rod
    None of which I am currently planning on installing, even though that might change later on. I'll download a copy of the patch just in case I think

Thanks.

-- Rod
    rod i did all that and when i opened up preware with any of the feeds on i get this error

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast