Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    since dowloading 1.4.5 last night my battery has drained 10% in litteraly 5 mins of general use ie. Facebook and cheking here,plus i seem 2 be seeing the grey squares when scroling any web page as its having trouble loading,im on wifi and i have hardly ever seen them b4,plus as typing this i realise that i still have 2 resize (zoom out) 2 see the whole txt box when typing,i thought the update was going 2 fix the txt box thing and improve the battery

oh well where did i save the 1.4.1 doctor on my desktop hmmmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    rod i did all that and when i opened up preware with any of the feeds on i get this error

Looks like a simple network connection problem with your phone.

If you're on wifi, try cellular. If you're on cellular, try wifi. Try rebooting the phone. Make sure you can access ipkg.preware.org/feeds with the phone's browser.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I got 1.4.5 on 07/07/2010 am I the only one unofficial with 1.4.5?
    I'm in Italy and I have a UK Pre with Rebel Sim Card.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ok so my Pre updated today and I now have 1.4.5 installed on a UK 02 Palm Pre

All ran smoothly well 99% anyway, but after the update none of my patches worked so started Preware and it asked me to update 49 patches which I tried to do but got the following error because the 'Bookmark Tile Button' patch won't install or uninstall. This is the IPKG log I get when I try to fix the patch:

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-bookmarks-tile-button.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-controls.jsjsjs.$rej$

So I had to install each patch by itself and they are all working and back to normal except for the 'Bookmark Tile Button' although it still shows on my Browser and works but keeps asking me to update it in Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by leobloom View Post
    Ok so my Pre updated today and I now have 1.4.5 installed on a UK 02 Palm Pre

All ran smoothly well 99% anyway, but after the update none of my patches worked so started Preware and it asked me to update 49 patches which I tried to do but got the following error because the 'Bookmark Tile Button' patch won't install or uninstall. This is the IPKG log I get when I try to fix the patch:

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-bookmarks-tile-button.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-controls.jsjsjs.$rej$

So I had to install each patch by itself and they are all working and back to normal except for the 'Bookmark Tile Button' although it still shows on my Browser and works but keeps asking me to update it in Preware.
    You should report this in the webOS Patches thread, cause it won't be seen here by anyone who can do anything about it.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ta-update.html

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Any comments on snappiness and battery drain in 1.4.5?
    Imo the pre has and always will have roughly the same battery life,
    because of all it does.
    As for snappiness,i'm oc'd so it's always snappy.
    but straight after updating it felt roughly the same.
    I don't think the update touched anything to do with speed.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
  8.    #28  
    I can't tell any real difference, I've still had to charge my battery once or twice a day (dependant on usage). Things still seem to load at about the same speed and there hasn't been any PDK apps that I can tell since the update.
    Hey, I postponed updating to 1.4.5 as my Pre was running flawlessly with 1.4.1, I've now removed the patches that were recommended to be deleted before updating and re-installed all my patches with Preware, after updating.
    I had uberkernel and govnah installed but the uberkernel package that is installed now is just a placeholder, but I'm seeing some people who have overclocked now on 1.4.5, where do I find this Kernel? As back at 500mhz the pre is agonisingly slow when compared to 800mhz.
    I think they use a repack of 1.4.1 kernel on 1.4.5 webOS. Wouldn't recommend that, but I am not a developer.
    I did the update after unlocking a Pre Plus with NextGen Server and all worked OK.

I think the interface is a little snappier comapred to before.But Piad apps are all OK and no problems running on Vodafone.

A
    | Nullius in Verba|Treo 650 -> Treo 750V -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> Pre Plus |
    Yeah, I have found it now by adding in the alpha feed, think I'm going to hold off though until Uber Kernel is released properly for 1.4.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahatma Ganja View Post
    I think they use a repack of 1.4.1 kernel on 1.4.5 webOS. Wouldn't recommend that, but I am not a developer.
    We don't recommend it either, but it's available in the alpha testing kernel feed for those who can't live without it

-- Rod
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12