Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By shadavis08
  • 1 Post By NachoB
  1.    #1  
    my pre's been very lagy and nonresponsive the last few days so i was gonna doctor it. when i got to the screen where it said to plug in the usb, it wouldnt detect my phone. ive tried everything that ive seen on other threads but nothings working. please help!
    Did you try to...

While phone is shut off. Connect the USB to the phone and then hold down the volume button on the Pre and connect USB end to the computer. Pretty much, recovery mode.
    How To Recover - WebOS Internals

1. With the USB cable connected, completely power off the Pre (hold down the power button until the option to power off appears)
    2. Hold down the Up button on the volume rocker
    3. While holding the Up button, power on the Pre
    4. "Next" should now be enabled - proceed with the recovery
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I have had this lots. I restarted my phone before and it detected it. Turned dev mode off and on before. A few different variations like that have worked for me, then there are the options listed above.
    restart novacom service
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

The previous replies are all probably exactly what you need... I will add one more thing.

If you are running windows 7 or vista... they both have a slight problem with usb. Sometimes usb profiles get stuck and cant be unmounted. So if you are using the same usb jack, or the computer recognizes it as the same address it might not respond to automatic mounting/unmounting and theres no communication.

You can solve that by either moving the device to a new usb jack, or resetting the computer.
    how do you restart novacom service? My pre doesn't ask to charge or use as usb. Please help.
  8.    #8  
    ive tried all those but it still wont detect it. how do you restart novacom? also when i open webos doctor and its checking system and configuring novacomd, it says "controlservice failed. service removed." if that has any thing to do with it.
    open start menu and search "run" in the run command line type , services.msc , and hit enter then scroll down to PALM-novacom and right click on it and hit restart

OK OK JUST FOR You NACHOB I'VE CHANGED IT TOO PALM NOVACOM Lol !!!
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 01/24/2012 at 06:54 AM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    favloxthings likes this.
    Or if you can't find Novacom, try Palm Novacom
    favloxthings likes this.
  11.    #11  
    this message popped up when i was trying to start the service "Windows could not start Palm Novacom Service on Local Computer. ERROR 1067: The Process terminated unexpectedly." thanks for the suggestions though.
    uninstall novacom driver and reinstall it or open webos QI and go into file at the top then options and reinstall driver that way . or if your using windows vista i have a modified version novacom driver thats works for vista because they dont get along well.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  13.    #13  
    can i have a link to your version cause i do have vista. i hope it works
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackal View Post
    can i have a link to your version cause i do have vista. i hope it works
    send me a personal message with email address i will send to you
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    im going to be in just a few so be quick about getting me that email address lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    well im off to bed i will send it tomorrow sometime if you get me your email address ok !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Recovery mode should work I don't know what the problem is. It may be because you have a 64bit machine and in that case it will not work unless you modify the drivers on your PC.
    Palm Pre is like an iPhone 5G, WebOS is unique.
  18.    #18  
    so it didnt work on my laptop so i just went and tried it on my windows 7 pc and viola!
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I am running Windows 7 64 bit on my desktop and never can connect via usb to get/move files, so I don't expect I will be able to use the cable to doctor either. But the suggestions above might be helpful, I will try.

The comment about the 64 bit pc's just flat out not working with the Pre via USB is not entirely true, I don't think. At one time, I did connect, but its been a long time.

Are their any special version of webOSQI for 64 bit Windows 7 machines?
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s