1.    #1  
    I went to six flags yesterday and i took a couple of videos. The first is about a 1:40secs. The send is about 4:24secs, the third, 5:48secs. I figured i cant send these over Evdo or MMS (text messaging), but i dont see any reason why i shouldnt be able to send all of these over WiFi. I just tried sending them over Wi-Fi and i keep getting "Error sending". It will probably send if i trim the video, but why in the world cant i send a 5+ min video?

Any help will be appreciated.
  2.    #2  
    I have the "Share larger Videos Via Email" patch installed too.
    Sending them to what? MMS probably won't do it over anything - too big. Email might have a problem depending on email policies of your service and those to who you are sending the links.

I posted a 4 minute video to Facebook from my Pre, over wireless (didn't have to wait for WiFi) with no problem.
    There is a patch to remove the limit on video uploads.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...il-videos.html
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by housetube View Post
    There is a patch to remove the limit on video uploads.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...il-videos.html
    I have this patch already. Pretty much, im trying to send a 4:40secs video from the Webos Email app. I tried using my yahoo email add via webos email app, but i keep getting an error afterwards. Whenever i try to send the Video from the video app, it tells me to trim and send, but i dont want to trim the video, so i just attach it through the email app. Its still not letting me send it.
  6.    #6  
    Im going to delete and reinstall that patch
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    I have this patch already. Pretty much, im trying to send a 4:40secs video from the Webos Email app. I tried using my yahoo email add via webos email app, but i keep getting an error afterwards. Whenever i try to send the Video from the video app, it tells me to trim and send, but i dont want to trim the video, so i just attach it through the email app. Its still not letting me send it.
    How large is the video?
  8.    #8  
    How large is the video?
    The first video 4:54sec is 122M. Second is 5:03sec and its 139M and the third is 1:28 sec and its 71.3M. I hope that helps
    Palm: we need a better video compression in the next update. It's not practical that a ~4 minutes video weights 80 mb!
    The first video 4:54sec is 122M. Second is 5:03sec and its 139M and the third is 1:28 sec and its 71.3M. I hope that helps
    Those are above most e-mail attachment limits. (server side)

I just sent a 1 minute video over gmail this morning with no problem.

Yahoo limits attachments to 20MB. GMail limits to 25MB.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    This is from the video limit patch thread-
    "Why 25MB?
    Because for most people, this should be fine, right? Gmail email service limit attachments to this amount so it will prevent users from sending videos over this amount that it will ultimately fail to be delivered."

Looks like you will have problems with e-mailing it. You could try one of the services like Zumodrive or DropBox (actual Dropbox is what I use and you can't upload to it from the phone yet)
  12.    #12  
    "Why 25MB?
    Because for most people, this should be fine, right? Gmail email service limit attachments to this amount so it will prevent users from sending videos over this amount that it will ultimately fail to be delivered."

Looks like you will have problems with e-mailing it. You could try one of the services like Zumodrive or DropBox (actual Dropbox is what I use and you can't upload to it from the phone yet)
    I was just thinking about Zumodrive too! Thanks for showing me the "Why 25mb". I really thought you can send a 4min video via email.
    If you are trying to just get the video off your phone without the hassel of plugging in the cable to your computer, get WiFi Media Sync. I send me videos to my Windows box that way and it works great.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I was just thinking about Zumodrive too! Thanks for showing me the "Why 25mb". I really thought you can send a 4min video via email.
    I kind of thought it might be an email limitation. Limitation as in by your service provider, not the email client itself.

Try uploading to Facebook or something, see if it allows you there. That'll pretty much nail the issue (though I suspect it's already bee nailed.)
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    If you are trying to just get the video off your phone without the hassel of plugging in the cable to your computer, get WiFi Media Sync. I send me videos to my Windows box that way and it works great.
    Yeah i have WiFi media Sync.
    "Why 25MB?
    An added reason, is that would then take up server space for them as long as the e-mail is in your or anyone elses boxes. My guess is this is probably also a way to keep people from using their free e-mail account to store media online. Server space/bandwidth/etc.
    is anyone having problems with sending data like picsthrough email or txt. what should i do. is that just a problem on sprints side
    Just uploaded a pic to FB about 30 minutes ago on Sprint