Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    HP keeps buying and buying more cloud services lately. Why don't we add our 2 cents and suggest HP what they should buy to make our WebOS experience even better than it is?

I would say, HP should buy Skype and include it as a default app for any communication on the next Pre.
    Microsoft owns skype already but I think that they really need a service like it. They should also get a photo and video editing company that we would be able to edit photos/videos right on our phone/device and quickly print from the cloud.
    They need 2 release API's for mic's....as bitter i was about the whole Mobile Beat stuff im looking forward to what HP's gonna cook up.
    I just want skype app.... If microsoft owns it... We will not get one?
    a decent turn by turn navigation app so less reliant on google's services.
    HP should buy Dataviz and convert the Documents To Go - Office Suite for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad to WebOS then pull the Android and Apple versions.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    They need 2 release API's for mic's....as bitter i was about the whole Mobile Beat stuff im looking forward to what HP's gonna cook up.
    It has been said this a thousand times, MIC API IS COMING WITH FALL UPDATE.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wildxconfusion View Post
    I just want skype app.... If microsoft owns it... We will not get one?
    If they're smart they'll make it available on every phone. Skype is one of those programs you have more to gain from wide distribution than a locked down proprietary program. Skype video/audio support across phones and PCs would only work to spread the program even further and drown out competition. What they'll gain is a large user base that locks themselves into the product/company making either the ad revenues higher and/or commercial use license sales a viable profit model.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    HP should buy Dataviz and convert the Documents To Go - Office Suite for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad to WebOS then pull the Android and Apple versions.
    that would be fricking funny
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    I'd rather see HP buy a competing company and put the thumbscrews to Dataviz.
    Quote Originally Posted by mykal900 View Post
    a decent turn by turn navigation app so less reliant on google's services.
    You bring up a great point. With standalone gps going the way of the dodo, perhaps they will be able to pick up garmin, tomtom, or magellan on the cheap.

I think hp being able to create a first party environment around webos so that they aren't so reliant on google for services would be a huge advantage for them in the long run. This goes for building an itunes competitor as well. These things would protect them much more from the whims of their competitors. I think it is easy to look at it from my perspective and say all of this, but I realize these are very difficult and expensive endeavors.
    i would like to see them do something with what they have already bought before they buy anything else, geez !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I'd rather see HP buy a competing company and put the thumbscrews to Dataviz.
    I would like to see them buy Dataviz just to can the guy that decided they wouldn't support webos
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I would say, HP should buy Skype and include it as a default app for any communication on the next Pre.
    And who's gonna pay for that? you?
    Maybe They Should Buy HTC

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i would like to see them do something with what they have already bought before they buy anything else, geez !!
    It's all about lining the ducks up in a row before marching them across the street...
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by drewton540 View Post
    Microsoft owns skype already but I think that they really need a service like it. They should also get a photo and video editing company that we would be able to edit photos/videos right on our phone/device and quickly print from the cloud.
    Since when did Microsoft own Skype?
    I disagree, then skype would pick favorites as far as adding new features and updating the app.look at google with google maps.. It would not take too much effort for them to give webos the same features, they just keep features out of the webos version cuz android is THEIR kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Honis View Post
    If they're smart they'll make it available on every phone. Skype is one of those programs you have more to gain from wide distribution than a locked down proprietary program. Skype video/audio support across phones and PCs would only work to spread the program even further and drown out competition. What they'll gain is a large user base that locks themselves into the product/company making either the ad revenues higher and/or commercial use license sales a viable profit model.
    Quote Originally Posted by PJaE00 View Post
    Maybe They Should Buy HTC
    they SHOULD buy thc, and make it so the phone releases it into ur RF hungry pores, this way you don't CARE about reception
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast