1.    #1  
    Hi, ok. Well I'm sure you guys have all seen/heard/have the Free Music Ringtone app. If you haven't, it's an app that lets you download free ringtones. It uses the 30 seconds preview from iTunes, so you have a huge friggin selection.

Anyways.. Onto the question. When I set a text tone ringtone, the song only rings for a few seconds. Cutting off the ringtone. How do I elongate that? ( I don't think I used the right word for that, lol . ) Thanks P|C !

P.S. I'm not sure if I put this in the right forum section or whatever it's called, so if it's misplaced, please move it into the correct spot! I typed all of this on my Pre. Took about a minute and a half. Without looking ! i'm in class. Supposed to be taking a math test. Not good at math, lol. Thanks peepz.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Palm has limited Text and Email alerts to a very short interval. No matter how long the audio clip is, they play only the first few seconds.

Not sure if this can be modified or not. I need to look through the code to see if a patch can be made. But for now, there is no way to change it.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by v7z730ib View Post
    Hi, ok. Well I'm sure you guys have all seen/heard/have the Free Music Ringtone app. If you haven't, it's an app that lets you download free ringtones. It uses the 30 seconds preview from iTunes, so you have a huge friggin selection.

Anyways.. Onto the question. When I set a text tone ringtone, the song only rings for a few seconds. Cutting off the ringtone. How do I elongate that? ( I don't think I used the right word for that, lol . ) Thanks P|C !

P.S. I'm not sure if I put this in the right forum section or whatever it's called, so if it's misplaced, please move it into the correct spot! I typed all of this on my Pre. Took about a minute and a half. Without looking ! i'm in class. Supposed to be taking a math test. Not good at math, lol. Thanks peepz.
    5 seconds is all you get for txt/email alerts. which i belive most people would be content with a 5 second alert/chime. for me, a 30 second txt alert would drive me insane!!!
  5.    #5  
    I gotta use that search button more often, lol. Sorry guys. Thanks for the help tho. That really sucks. Not to be a downer or anything, but my moms HTC Hero rings for a while. Wish I had that. I wanted to set Beautiful Monster by Ne-Yo as my text tone, lol. Thanks guys.
    5 seconds is ok if you could get it to repeat after a couple seconds