Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I would like to see an option to NOT download attachments by default and only retrieve them on request.. Mostly because when traveling outside the US, the data roaming charges add up quick @ $2.00 / MB when you are getting all this crap sent to you from people..
    Quote Originally Posted by sratson View Post
    I would like to see an option to NOT download attachments by default and only retrieve them on request.. Mostly because when traveling outside the US, the data roaming charges add up quick @ $2.00 / MB when you are getting all this crap sent to you from people..
    Heh, I don't have an on-phone solution for you, sorry. Your post just happens to coincide with the beginnings of a project I am doing to use Mimedefang to strip out all email attachments and replace them with a link to the file on a web server. It achieves what you are asking, just by a different method.

I wonder if there is a market for this type of service?
    : (){:|:&};:
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    Heh, I don't have an on-phone solution for you, sorry. Your post just happens to coincide with the beginnings of a project I am doing to use Mimedefang to strip out all email attachments and replace them with a link to the file on a web server. It achieves what you are asking, just by a different method.

I wonder if there is a market for this type of service?
    I have seen software / devices that do this server-side for email servers.. getting more important as attachments are clogging email servers more and more..