Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Anybody happen to know if there is a way to prevent the Pre from going into lockscreen mode while it's charging via USB cable or chillin on the TouchStone?

I'm using it as my Slacker.net radio player and the highest setting as you know is three minutes. I'm using Technician on my Sprint Palm Centro and I was wondering if there was a HomeBrew or standard way to overcome this limitation on the Sprint Palm Pre.
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    Check out the NoDoze homebrew app
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Or you can try the patch(s)

No Auto-Off While Charging: Adds an option to the Screen & Lock app to enable or disable auto-off while charging

More Standby Times: This will add more standby times to the Screen & Lock application. New settings will be 15 seconds, 3 minutes, 5 minutes and never. This will not change your standby time automatically. You will have to select the length you desire in the Screen & Lock application.

Standby Times Deluxe (in case 30 mins is long enough for you): Adds 5, 10, 15, and 45 seconds; and 4, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30 minutes times to the screen turn off after setting in screen and lock.

Homebrew Apps:

Quick System Tasks will allow disabling of lock screen
    Mode Switcher will allow disabling of lock screen

I'm sure there's other apps but I can't think of them off the top of my head.
    Last edited by NachoB; 07/14/2010 at 10:17 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Ok, how do I apply the patches and what's the best way to install HomeBrew apps. I just starting using the Pre a couple of weeks ago.

UPDATE: Did a search on PreCentral. I'm in Developer Mode now...
    Last edited by Palmfood; 07/14/2010 at 10:40 AM.
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    The easiest method is to download webos Quick Install, and then download Preware from the webos Internals (all) feed.
    Actually, you have to go into WebOS-Internals Feed (Pre) or WebOS-Internals Feed (Pixi) to find Preware.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    welcome to the world of homebrew!
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    HomeBrew sure looks like the way to go for the specialized app.'s!

Thanks Guys/Gals.! : ]
    Last edited by Palmfood; 07/14/2010 at 01:32 PM.
    _

-
    Sounds like you launched is straight from the download link instead of downloading it. Unless you can find it on your computer you'll have to go thru the process again, but select Download this time.

You may want to search your C: drive for webosquickinstall.jar or doctor.jar, they're probably located in the same temporary directory.

Edit: saw you edited your post, did you find the files?

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I'm able to run it now, I did download it, but I just assumed that it would make a QuickLaunch icon or a Program Files icon. I simply created a shortcut on my desktop to the .jar file and it seems to be fine, but not I'm getting an error when I try to install stuff.

ERROR: An error occured while attempting to install .com.palm_.app_.com_.pfountz.nodoze_0.6.3_all_0.ipk
    _

-
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmfood View Post
    I'm able to run it now, I did download it, but I just assumed that it would make a QuickLaunch icon or a Program Files icon. I simply created a shortcut on my desktop to the .jar file and it seems to be fine, but not I'm getting an error when I try to install stuff.

ERROR: An error occured while attempting to install .com.palm_.app_.com_.pfountz.nodoze_0.6.3_all_0.ipk
    Create a folder, I call mine Palm, and then for QuickInstall choose "Save Link As" and save to that folder. The first time you run it from that folder it will prompt you to download WebOSDoctor. Once you've downloaded it, QuickInstall will run.

Then, install preware and you can install all apps from there.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, “I don't need to drink to have fun.” Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html