View Poll Results: Are you having any problem(s) using a overclock kernel?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes:

16 11.59%
  • No:

122 88.41%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Are you so blind, or ignorant to the fact... that this poll isn't trying to stop overclocking kernel(s). Please take time to read and comprehend, before pouring out unnescessary words.

Who are you? Are you the creator of these kernel(s), or someone who wants to get a five second fame.

I'm enjoying using my overclocking kernel, I suggest you go do the same.

Have a nice day or night.

What this poll is unintentionally trying to do is amass social proof for our own individual decisions to install an app and kernel to see our phones 'fly'. I like the idea of this thread, if only to 'bump' up the container for the placeholder that is the proper thread to post problems with kernel use.

You ask who I am and yet you'd pain to find that answer. You claim unnecessary words to be present 5 posts below your own declaration of America being the land of free speech. Your decision to mention five second fame only displays your original intention in creating this thread as well as your knack for competition of words.

As you may have missed in my last post, it matters not to me what this thread is trying to do. I am not ignorant, blind, nor do I have any problem with anyone asking questions seeking truth. My problem is with your assumptive response to what is clearly 2 separate paragraphs mentioning the tendencies of people to waste time on the internet in the first and the truth about our motives in the second.
    Last edited by K4p741nkrunch; 07/17/2010 at 01:00 AM.
    Hi, y'll

This is a poll solely base upon the using of a Custom overclock kernel on your device.

This is one of the many ways of getting a percentage of custom kernel users, that are either experiencing, or not experiencing problem(s) after installing an overclock kernel.

(Note) Problem(s) has to be started from, or after directly installing a custom overclock kernel, after a clean wipe from webos doctor. Please let your voice be heard on here. Poll closes on the 19th.

Ps. Please don't tell me their should be other options. All other explanations can be placed in their appropriate thread. Thank You.
    You should have put more options in the pole hehe Just kidding this was a good idea for a pole i was about too but you beet me to it i have no probs with uber sept when playing video it makes a line or 2 in it once in a great while but i use 500/800 screen state and its not a prob any longer....
  3.    #63  
    @ K4p741nkrunch. There you go... are you feeling much better now? You had your free speech in which everyone is entitle too.

Now if you don't mind, please don't start something stupid on here. You're beginning to become a Vexatious problem for me.

Again! I ask... Who Are You?
    @ K4p741nkrunch. There you go... are you feeling much better now? You had your free speech in which everyone is entitle too.

Now if you don't mind, please don't start something stupid on here. You're beginning to become a Vexatious problem for me.

Again! I ask... Who Are You?
    Don't forget you're wearing a Peacekeeper banner in your signature. Your recent words are incongruous to the spirit that banner.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    had..?

I'm no expert on the Bill of Rights, but I'm pretty sure freedom of speech is a continuous process, not an incidental luxury.
    I see no reason why K4p741nkrunch shouldn't be allowed to continue his/her discourse.
    I for one would be very interested. His/her prose is refreshing.
    For your information- I'm quite aware of the word I use in my statement. Thank you for pointing that one out. However, don't you think that I have all right to defend my rights too. You, him, or whoever else can say whatever you feel like saying. So why I can't.
    <<Thread renamed due to OP request>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    rush, no one here told you "You had your free speech in which everyone is entitle too.", so I don't see why it has to be about you.
    No one is stopping you from making your point.

Some users just feel the need to discuss your poll in a somewhat critical manner. Nothing wrong with that; we're all grown men and women.

I think all points have been made though, so may I suggest to all parties (myself included) to put an end to this discussion, and let the poll run its course. We're not here to offend anyone.
    Thank you sir... Done!
  8.    #68  
    @ Tomi666..
    Every vote counts, and I don't see yours.

My aim is to prove that the kernel(s) Does more good than bad. Looking at the poll - It shows that the kernels was, No,(IS) one of the best thing to happen to our phones.

Big shout out to all who make this possible.
    (Rush)
    Quote Originally Posted by themirthfulswami View Post
    I didn't have issues with a kernel until I updated to the latest one with the compcache built in. Now I have an issue where my phone will periodically drop it's data connection and I have to restart to get it to come back. Also I can't reliably switch profiles in Govnah anymore, most of the time when I tap a different profile to switch the app just locks up and my phone goes into a lag-fest and I have to reboot.

I disabled compcache this morning to see if that helps at all. If not, I'll try rolling back to the previous release of UberKernel.

+1
    There is no spoon
    I'm using the f102a kernel.

1) My camera lags, either launching or in mid video recording mode. It's something I was willing to deal with, but after missing a few of my kid's moments, it's really starting to **** me off.

2) Random restarts. Thankfully it's just a luna restart, but still.

Then there are times when all is well and the muscle power of the kernel really shine, but it's usually only after a restart = ( I have GC enabled on JStop but that doesn't do squat. I always have to manually run GC for it to really work.

HP/Palm, announce something. Anything. Start a rumor. But let us know you're working on something!!! The Epic is coming and I'm eye'n it. EVO is another possibility. The only thing that's holding me back is the fact that I have to pay for 4G even thought it's not in my area (SF) yet. Sorry for the rant = )
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
  11.    #71  
    Thanks to all that voted in this poll. Overclocking Kernels Rocks!!

View Poll Results: Are you having any problem(s) using a overclock kernel?
    This poll will close on 07/19/2010 at 09:46 AM
    Yes:
    Blipstein, cobrakon, DieterHASTINGS, DJeremyC, dstachnik, indahaus, johnwashere, louis6279, maxima2k53, mpagano, rlanza1054, Rossm812, THAANSA3, themirthfulswami, vespacar
    15 11.28%
    No:
    aairman23, alvaro_qc, AOW, atl10pnr, Audemars02, bawezy, beelykemyke, belvedere, bigedschukar, biggnaa20, billfold, bizzoi, boerner, C-Note, canderoc, ceeskaz, ChemEngr, chodaboy, chris5h, cjstealth, clutch1222, craftsman, cuspie, DarthRepublican, davez57, davidtm, DeathsArrow, deaton030, deberbach, dfroelich, dj ozone, djmikel, djprelude, DrHeathenScum, ecoleye, ericp74, etphoto, evilpinkeye, exiledsoxfan, frabuk, gapost, gc916, gitit20, graffix31, GridIron21, gsonspre, gxa2017, hatchettjack, housetube, hparsons, igobytony, ihooten, izzmeth, jaredsutter, JBGood, jbuck387, jsa334, K4p741nkrunch, kill_Dano, KJBlauw, knobbysideup, kohn, konsole, krnggangpe94, laelipoo, linwiz311, Mahatma Ganja, malpha, moris, morrison0880, mracacia, Nettwerk, netwrkr9, neve, nexgencpu, NickDG, Nightburn, nxg125, OrR, pastorrich1, pharbrian, picture.crazy, pip smith, plee3, popologuy, Popper668, prod000, Pulp, r3ferrei, RanGT, Rob600, runukraine, rwhiz8577, sbrad425, scottymomo, seko, Shadavis08, Shaikh, Spader, sparksd, Splitbiker, spoonie luv, STBXXL, stubbs, swieder, theXfactor2011, ToniCipriani, Trigunesq, verwon, vortmax, Warblad13, wemetzger, WhoMe, woodmaster, Workerb33, wprater, Xx Spaced xX, zealster
    118 88.72%
    Voters: 133.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234