View Poll Results: Are you having any problem(s) using a overclock kernel?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes:

16 11.59%
  • No:

122 88.41%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    I'm the guy from Spain, living in Holland (nice final), who was on holiday in Nam (never again), (getting rid of the German Pre)

PIP4President!!!
    Well then...Congrats!!! Well done Spain!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post

Ps. Please don't tell me their should be other options. All other explanations can be placed in their appropriate thread. Thank You.
    Lol, You know I caught that.

Sorry. Seriously not trying to troll on your parade, but why exactly is this "one of the better ways"? There are thousands of OC kernel users. Caj2008 registered more than 20k downloads (or more, I lost interest in that particular thread when things started getting nasty). My guess is there as as many, if not more UK users.
    On the other hand, I'm counting 100 votes here. Get what statistical inconsistencies I'm hinting at? Some may argue that only unhappy clients make themselves heard. And there are just 8 affirmative votes for that side. Can we then conclude less than .01 % experiences kernel problems?
    Again, not trying to be pain.
    UK and that other <unnamed> kernel are the same. and that one had problems, but were covered up.

You would be surprised at the number of users that stand on top of the mountain and complain and post multiple posts in different threads of something simple like "...try rebooting after kernel install...".

I would say less than 0.0023% are actual real kernel problems. My kernels get blamed for global warming, the Oil Spill, and communism. Happy users just use it and are happy, and sometimes chip in when a n00b gets out of hands with their complaints.
    Live free or DIE!
    I was wondering what caused the oil spill. Jk!

5.    #45  
    Sorry. Seriously not trying to troll on your parade, but why exactly is this "one of the better ways"? There are thousands of OC kernel users. Caj2008 registered more than 20k downloads (or more, I lost interest in that particular thread when things started getting nasty). My guess is there as as many, if not more UK users.
    On the other hand, I'm counting 100 votes here. Get what statistical inconsistencies I'm hinting at? Some may argue that only unhappy clients make themselves heard. And there are just 8 affirmative votes for that side. Can we then conclude less than .01 % experiences kernel problems?
    Again, not trying to be pain.
    I know I can't hear from the whole entire webos, overclocking users around the world. That's not my intent. I'm a minority and the rest of the webos users are majority. I'm just doing my part as a member and a overclocking kernel user.

This poll won't give me an exact amount of overclockers who are having,or not having a problem(s) with a overclocking kernel.

I'm just evaluating a small percentage of voters on the forum. (Note) Since I can't ask each person personally, I'd rather do it through a poll.
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    You would be surprised at the number of users that stand on top of the mountain and complain and post multiple posts in different threads of something simple like "...try rebooting after kernel install...".
    Actually I am surprised at how many ask "What do you mean by reboot?"!

Unix, just a personal question here.... Can I blame you for all the hardship I have encountered in my life? If so, I have been looking for you my whole life!
  7.    #47  
    I think it's time for the trumpets to blow, and all hats off. I hear a trumphet blowing... Anyone hear it?????????
    maybe the thread should read, have any problems arised AFTER installing a non-stock kernel?
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    So did you roll back to the previous one in order to see if that is what was causing it?

Are you running identical settings to what you ran the previous one at?

Have you attempted to go back to the stock kernel to see if you still have the random shut down problem?

Does the random shut down problem happen after performing certain actions or running certain programs?

All of these things and maybe some additional things need to be done to verify whether your issue is UK related, or some other issue.
    I hear you. I'll be looking at that more in depth when I'm in my hotel room next week on business. I just don't have the time to check any of that out right now. The only indication that it could be the update causing the issue is that it was not occurring before I updated the kernel.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    maybe the thread should read, have any problems arised AFTER installing a non-stock kernel?
    I understand where your coming from brennan7. But the thread is title correctly in my opinion.

If anyone having a problem with it... They know what to do.. Just keep on moving.
    Last edited by rush; 07/14/2010 at 06:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Actually I am surprised at how many ask "What do you mean by reboot?"!

Unix, just a personal question here.... Can I blame you for all the hardship I have encountered in my life? If so, I have been looking for you my whole life!
    You can blame me for everything... but I would just blame the commies.
    Live free or DIE!
    I understand where your coming from brennan7. But the thread is title correctly in my opinion.

If anyone have a problem with it... You know what to do!!!!!!
    hmmmm... it still seems quite vague. Are you wanting them to vote if they are having kernel related problems? or if they are having problems installing the kernel? or are they just having any generic problems with the phone, that aren't related to o/c kernels? or all the above?
    I can't wait to read Rod's reaction to this poll

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  14.    #54  
    If you haven't yet voted, please feel free to do so. However, keep in mind - (Note) Problem(s) has to be started from, or after directly installing a custom overclock kernel, after a clean wipe from webos doctor. Please let your voice be heard on here. Poll closes on the 19th.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    Rod's reaction of poll.
  16.    #56  
    Looking @ the votes it seems like the kernel(s), doing more good than bad. I'm aware of the fact-that these votes aren't even close to the amount of experimental kernel users. My intent is to cover as much as possible, the amount of users, that are willing to express their experience in using an
    overclock kernel. Whether good or bad. We all know that, not
    all problems/issues, that some people are experiencing, are cause by using an overclock kernel. (I've been overclocking for a long time, and I haven't had any major problem(s) at all. However, you'll know that battery life suck, regardless of which kernel being used)

(Note) Voters please refrain from voting, if your problem(s)
    aren't likley to be an overclocking related. For example: Keyboard issues/Malfuctioning hardware/Etc.

Poll closes on the 19th. Let your voice be heard!

Everyone have a bless day.
    Looking @ the votes it seems like the kernel(s), doing more good than bad.
    Phew! I'm so glad our custom kernels have the seal of approval from this poll. I was about to pull all the kernels from the feeds and ask the team to stop all kernel development if the numbers were looking bad ...

(BTW, if you actually have a problem which strictly meets the requirements of a "no" vote in this poll, and it's from a public release kernel, not an alpha testing kernel, and you're using one of the predefined profiles, then I actually do want to know about it in the official UberKernel thread, because at the moment as far as I am aware there are no known problems with the public releases of UberKernel or Govnah when using one of the predefined profiles.)

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 07/17/2010 at 06:00 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Number one sounds like it. I really don't get it, isn't America a land of "Free Speech"
    It most certainly is.
    And the internet is the land of idle speech.

Regardless of whether or not it causes problems optimizing and overclocking will grow to no end. Just like our common friend and enemy, technology, the desire to break outside these so-called bounds spreads and evolves as if it were bacteria. Never to be stopped, most certainly not by a poll.
    Have had my Pre a little over a week, following Rod's instructions, I overclocked it on my second day of ownership and have had no problems!
    I have had zero problems with the releases of Uber-Kernel in the regular feeds.

I have experienced issues with some of the alpha kernels in the testing feeds, but that is to be expected.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast