View Poll Results: Are you having any problem(s) using a overclock kernel?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes:

16 11.59%
  • No:

122 88.41%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    I don't think anyone is offended Rush. I think we just want to be very cautious how we categorize or characterize very real user issues that may or may not be related to a custom kernel.

I think Rush is firstly trying to see how many people attribute problems to having a custom kernel installed, whether that is the real reason or not. And that would be quite useful data.

Of the few that have stated issues it is clear that they don't know what is causing their issue and yet we have posted a donkey for them to pin a tail on.
    A very good point.

There are enough nay sayers already, I don't think this is helpful when there is no way to verify any measure of accuracy. It all ends up being completely subjective.
    Tend to disagree, This is helpful because it goes some way in finding how many overclockers need a bit clearer education on how to test to find out what actually is causing their problems. If this thread gets even 1 person, who hadn't done so before, to do a good test scenario and yield useful results then it has succeeded somewhat.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Hi, y'll

This is a Yes/No thread, on the using of a Custom kernel on your device.

This is one of the better ways of seeing the percentage of custom kernel users, that are either experiencing, or not experiencing problem(s) with using a overclock kernel

(note) Problem(s) has to be cause from directly installing a custom kernel. Please let your voice be heard on here.

Ps. Please don't tell me their should be other options. All other explanations can be placed in their appropriate thread. Thank You.
    Pip... looking at the OP above.... I have to disagree.

Now if what you stated as the intended purpose is what it is then fine. It just doesn't appear that way from my reading of it.

Also the OC threads give opportunity after opportunity for those jumping in to read and learn how to troubleshoot and identify their issues and yet you and I have both answered questions for people who ask a question that is answered on page 1 post 1 in the instructions, the previous page, or just two posts above the one asking the question. I don't think another "do you think you have problems" thread is going to change that mindset.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    To what extent would that data be useful? To determine the false negative ratio in relation to the usefulness of custom kernels?

If any overclocker needs any information, they can either read existing problem posters in the UK thread, post a new question, or even PM Rod.
    To see what percentage (+/- big error) of users believe they have a problem as a result of a custom kernel. If it is high then we know that more things will have to be done to get them educated.

Like you have said, the threads are there and should be read. But some users are missing them or just ignoring them. If they are missing them then more needs to be done to highlight it.
    If they refuse to read it then their 'issues' deserve to be ignored.
    Pip... looking at the OP above.... I have to disagree.

Now if what you stated as the intended purpose is what it is then fine. It just doesn't appear that way from my reading of it.

Also the OC threads give opportunity after opportunity for those jumping in to read and learn how to troubleshoot and identify their issues and yet you and I have both answered questions for people who ask a question that is answered on page 1 post 1 in the instructions, the previous page, or just two posts above the one asking the question. I don't think another "do you think you have problems" thread is going to change that mindset.
    If people are refusing to read the answer when it is simply on the first post then all they deserve from us is a reply saying 'Read', whether they like it or not.
    However if people are missing the thread and are unaware of it then we should try to get these people to that thread.
    Maybe I'm just in a good mood today.
    I fail to see how that information could be useful, but let's leave it at that.
    I'll make myself scarce from this discussion.
    That's because you are the bad cop and try to be the good(ish) cop
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Maybe I'm just in a good mood today.
    So it's business as usual then... you always seem patient and cordial!

Are you running for Congress or something, because all my babies are way to old to be kissed!

LOL

I won't go away angry... I'll just go away.

Are you running for Congress or something, because all my babies are way to old to be kissed!

LOL

Lol..... Don't go away, I haven't run out of popcorn yet, and this discussion has been very interesting.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    No, I'm the cup winner...
    Iniesta marca un goooooooooooool!!!
    How can that be. You're the guy from Nam, not the guy from Spain.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  9.    #29  
    I've read through replies/threads on here, complaining about
    one thing or another. My main concern is "Kernels" No one knows exactly if these problem(s) are kernel related, or phone related. Since we are dealing with the unknown, lets call it "A" If some/most people are having a "A" problem, and they believe "B" is the one who started it. (Allegedly) So in order to have an idea, on what is going on, I call in "C"

If this isn't clear enough, then this poll is not for you.
    Last edited by rush; 07/14/2010 at 07:50 PM.
    Yeah, the Uberkernal default! ahhhhh. Hahaha!

I'm hilarious.

No seriously I use UberKernal, no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.

LOL

As I am a UK citizen I can not run in your congress, but if Precentral creates a precentral congress then I promise to run
    I have not decided what my campaign ideals will be yet though, lol.
    Why do you keep spelling it pole?
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Why do you keep spelling it pole?

Oops! My bad... Poll
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    As I am a UK citizen I can not run in your congress, but if Precentral creates a precentral congress then I promise to run
    I have not decided what my campaign ideals will be yet though, lol.
    Well it didn't seem to stop someone born in Kenya from running and being elected as our President!

Heck with enough money and people behind you (including the major media outlets) who knows what could happen?

I can hear it now... "A Pre in every pocket."
    How should it be spelled?
    Poll –noun
    1. a sampling or collection of opinions on a subject, taken from either a selected or a random group of persons, as for the purpose of analysis.

Pole –noun
    1. a long, cylindrical, often slender piece of wood, metal, etc.: a telephone pole; a fishing pole.
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 07/14/2010 at 03:08 PM. Reason: added definitions
    Well it didn't seem to stop someone born in Kenya from running and being elected as our President!

Heck with enough money and people behind you (including the major media outlets) who knows what could happen?

I can hear it now... "A Pre in every pocket."
    With those inspirational words and my campaign slogan found I am now setting up to be President

Do you need to be 35 to be a President in the US though? If you do then I have a few years for my campaign to get off the ground.
    Govnah/Uber-Kernel, Conservative 600/800, no issues before or after the update.
  18.    #38  
    @ pastorrich... Obama is the first President to have been born in Hawaii. Obama's parents met in 1960 in a Russian language class at the University*
    @ pastorrich... Obama is the first President to have been born in Hawaii. Obama's parents met in 1960 in a Russian language class at the University*
    Maybe we should add that to the poll as well?
  20.    #40  
    Maybe we should add that to the poll as well?
    Yea! I should do that.. It might just clear up some of the misunderstanding on this forum.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast